General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Haiti relief Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-01-13 11:24 PM

User image

Cross Lanes, WV
Subject: Haiti relief

If you are looking for a safe secure way to donate, please consider www.imohaiti.org.  In addition to being a triathlete, I am on International Missions Outreach's Advisory Board, and have been to Port-au-Prince, Haiti 7x, including this past Thanksgiving.  I will be happy to answer any questions about this group, but they are legit and have the ability to help people all over the island.  Thanks to everyone for their prayers. 

2009 was my 1st year of doing triathlons, so I'm still pretty new, but I already have it in my heart to try to organize anything from a 5K to a triathlon to raise money for Haiti.  I'm from Charleston, WV, but would look for ways to get this off the ground anywhere. 

Thanks, and please donate -to the above, somewhere, anywhere...

Kevin Kemerer

2010-01-14 12:53 AM
in reply to: #2613064

User image

Expert
Huntington Beach
Subject: RE: Haiti relief
x2

Please help in anyway you can.  My good friend is visiting her son (they are in the middle of the adoption process) in Haiti and brought her 9mo. old with her.  They are currently stranded there and have been unable to communicate with the states since 9am this morning.  There is so much devestation and loss there.
2010-01-14 8:32 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Absolutely...

I have friends with relatives in Haiti, who they are still waiting to hear from.

Do what you can. Thanks for the post.
2010-01-14 1:02 PM

User image

Cross Lanes, WV
Thanks for encouragement.  I encourage all of us to train, run, bike with t-shirts, signs, whatever that show support for Haiti relief efforts.  We can be a very visable community.  Let's impact the world!
2010-01-14 1:07 PM

User image

Cross Lanes, WV
To the adminstrators of this site, is there something we can do to promote solidarity for these efforts?  any creative ideas? This could help thousands of people, and promote this website, membership and our sport. 

Also, the organization I'm involved with has mentioned great need for nutritional bars - anyone have contacts out there for a bulk donation?  Or maybe even have a member drive for nutrition bars with a decent shelf life. 

Thanks!

2010-01-15 10:19 PM

User image

Cross Lanes, WV

anyone else out there inspired by TV footage? - people going days without food and water makes my training "issues" a little more bearable. 

2010-01-24 7:43 AM

My church is interested in making a cash donation the some  relief organization in Haiti.  How can I get more information on your efforts?  Is there some one I can meet with and talk to?

Thanks, Pastor Ross,
Tilden Community Baptist Church,
Beckley, WV
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Haiti relief Rss Feed