2010-02-11 1:43 AM
in reply to: #2667217

User image

Expert
Eltham North, Victoria
Subject: RE: Anyone else?
Casie - 2010-02-11 5:32 PM

I came to play Tammie!

Hi All, semi-retired Melbourne "triathlete" here *thinking* about making a comeback at some stage this year. Maybe Shepp HIM?? Maybe not. Definitely riding the 145km Great Ocean & Otway ride coming up in March and wondering if I can get my running up to scratch for the Great Ocean Road half marathon 7 or so weeks after that - if not that, then definitely another half later in the year.

Nice to see the Vics represented here! I look forward to checking out your progress.

Oh do Shep!

2010-02-11 2:44 AM
in reply to: #2619173

User image

Extreme Veteran
Melbourne
Agree, do Shep - already pencilled in as my first race back into the long stuff.

TO'd there last year and thought it was a good course and well run by the local club, looked to be alot better than my last HIM at Gold Coast
2010-02-11 3:09 AM
in reply to: #2667217

User image

New user

I'll definitely make the Great Ocean Road Marathon, but only the half, I've done the Paradise Run and Mariners Hill Run held on the same weekend. Mariners hurts!
2010-02-17 12:37 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hi guys,I'm a bit late to the party Tammie told me about you guys a week ago and it has taken me this long to get myself sorted!Cottoneyes - I grew up on the Mornington Peninsula and was at Frankston on the weekend - my son had a gig to go to at the Pier Live - The 21st Century Dance Club in my day (cringe!!). I live in the Dandenongs in Emerald. I usually run along the Puffing Billy Track or at Lysterfield Lake or at the Cardinia Park Reservoir and ride at Casey Fields in Berwick (not far from Frankston!) and around here and swim at Casey Arc. All nice and close which is handy.We have a local tri club but due to injury I have just been doing my own thing over the past few months - one step forward and 2 back but I'm hanging in there Great to see some Victorians chatting - usually when we are in tri season everyone else is slowing down due to winter
2010-02-20 4:21 AM

Hi,

Wow, this thread is starting to take off! Will have to make sure I regularly check it from now on.

I'm planning to do Shepp this year too. We went up there last year for the Hexman and swim and it was so well organised and is a great course. Will be a good start for me into the HIM.

I'll be spending this winter getting miles into my legs, running is my limiter and I'm envious of runners but hopefully it'll all come together.

Looking forward to hearing about everyones training and races etc.
2010-02-21 8:46 PM

User image

Regular
Melbourne
Hi there,

cool a Victorian thread! I'm from the inner north area and train with the Tri-Alliance guys. Have just started this season- my first tri (Gatorade Elwood) was a disaster : ) But think I will do better in my next tri which is gatorade st kilda at the end of March.
Doing some bike rides- did one up at Marysville on the weekend and doing the Otways (only the 60km distance) at the end of March too.
My limiter is running too- I have a real mental block around it. Following the Marysville race I have also realised I am hopeless on hills- need to get down to Yarra Bend rather than Beach Road!
Looking forward to sharing with all you Victorians!
cheers
Maree

2010-02-22 12:57 AM
in reply to: #2685081

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hi Maree,I did a tri clinic at Elwood on the weekend and saw you guys there! I am thinking of doing your weekly swim / run session at Elwood - looks like a great bunch.
2010-02-24 10:13 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Melbourne
Hi everyone!

I am in Port Melbourne and just getting back into triathlon after a very long break (5 years). I used to compete in the OD and have done a lot of sprints also. I got roped into the BRW this weekend and this has lit the triathlon fire for me again. I have been doing a lot of running and ran the Melbourne Marathon in 2008 because I never liked running and it was always my weakest tri leg... that has changed Now I can't swim or ride very well

So back into some training.

Happy training everyone and good luck to those racing soon.
M
2010-02-25 12:04 AM

User image

Expert
Eltham North, Victoria
Hi Maryke.
I have a friend doing the BRW this week also. I don't think she has race in awhile either. Hope you enjoy the race...it's supposed to be great fun.
Hope to see you around here more often.
Tammie
New Thread
Australian Triathlon Forum Victoria » Anyone else? Rss Feed  

of 2