General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Macca's EXACT Words on Lance's Chance at Winning Kona. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 6

2010-01-28 7:34 AM
in reply to: #2623603

Veteran
Subject: RE: Macca's EXACT Words on Lance's Chance at Winning Kona.
What happenned to the original thread? All I know is when I do intervals my muscles hurt like hell. Ya'll can figure out the rest.

2010-01-28 2:27 PM
in reply to: #2638415

User image

Veteran
Cabot, Arkansas
crazyquick23 - 2010-01-27 4:28 PM This really isn't worth it. The science backs my last post and is the current views reflected in the literature. We can argue about semantics all day long but the difference between lactate acid and lactate is one proton. And I don't think anyone here is a biochemist so that really doesn't change the argument much.

The review of literature clearly back up my last post about the science of fatigue and no matter what else you post it only reinforces that there are 2 different beliefs regarding how the human body fatigues.

I love reading the new posts everyday.  Don't understand most of it though(Eventhough I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express), but still fun reading.

Now WAIT...something I do know...1 Proton???  Isn't that the only thing seperating us from Monkeys?  Maybe a Proton is pretty inportant!
2010-01-28 2:30 PM

User image

Veteran
Cabot, Arkansas
Do you think LA and other Pros talk about US on their own forum board...hmmmmmm???

Wonder what they would argue about?????
2010-01-28 3:28 PM

User image

I'll just say one thing...there isn't enough money to be made as a pro triathlete...and triathlons are not yet mainstream enough... to know for sure the current tri elites are indeed the best of the best.

Once a sport becomes mainstream...and pros can earn a lot of money, you start to see the landscape of that sport change drastically.  Sports such as basketball, baseball, and golf are good examples.  30 years ago, these sports were dominated by primarily Americans.  As the sports grew, you saw more worldwide popularity. 

Baseball is now dominated by Latin Americans and the Japanese and Koreans are starting to have a larger impact.  Women's golf is now dominated by Koreans, and the mens game has seen major winners from Canada, Fiji, South Africa, Argentina, China, and Australia in the last 7 years.  Basketball, which was the true American sport at one time is now littered with very talented Europeans.

So I'm not saying that Lance has a good chance at winning Kona...I'm just saying that the sport of triathlon is still in its infantcy stages.  And it would be foolish to think that there are not other athletes around the world playing other sports that couldn't become triathletes and compete with the current elites if they wanted to. 
2010-01-29 11:51 PM

User image

Veteran
Cabot, Arkansas
oh yeah...and IMO...LA and CW neck and neck for the finish so LA don't get "chicked".
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Macca's EXACT Words on Lance's Chance at Winning Kona. Rss Feed  

of 6