General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mooseman Triathlon Festival - International Distance : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2010-06-11 11:35 AM
in reply to: #2915004

User image

Pro
Seacoast, NH!
Subject: RE: Mooseman Triathlon Festival - International Distance : Official Thread
wstchstrTriathlete - 2010-06-11 7:00 AM
FlyTheBlueSky - 2010-06-10 7:01 PM Head over to the Endorfun forums and see what they're writing there - some clowns are congratulating Endorfun for killing the race and "keeping us safe". No mention of the poor organization...

what would you have done differently? not defending Keith, but given the extreme circumstances and the shape of the park, what more could have been done? #1 was to keep you guys safe from the lightning in the swim. Check! #2 it is unfortunate that the weather suddenly split and cleared, but does Keith have control over the weather? Have you been to a race where they have a HUGE tent set up to keep everyone dry in the event of a rain/lightning storm? #3 they can't postpone a swim that long, then suddenly do it and still keep the police around to block off and faciliate the course. They have a race schedule to stick to and need the park cleared enough to make way for the afternoon HIM'ers to start checking in....its been that way for a few years.

Chalk this year up to extreme back luck. If I was the race dirctor, I'd be freaking out that nobody would come back next year! They have been doing this race for a few years now and do even bigger races through out the year; its not like they suddenly forgot how to organize an event!

Unfortunately in my opinion, it was sort of like this is exactly what happened.  When this race was family run...I had a different opinion.

2010-06-12 1:03 PM
in reply to: #2915004

User image

Champion
MA
Subject: RE: Mooseman Triathlon Festival - International Distance : Official Thread
wstchstrTriathlete - 2010-06-11 7:00 AM
FlyTheBlueSky - 2010-06-10 7:01 PM Head over to the Endorfun forums and see what they're writing there - some clowns are congratulating Endorfun for killing the race and "keeping us safe". No mention of the poor organization...

what would you have done differently? not defending Keith, but given the extreme circumstances and the shape of the park, what more could have been done? #1 was to keep you guys safe from the lightning in the swim. Check! #2 it is unfortunate that the weather suddenly split and cleared, but does Keith have control over the weather? Have you been to a race where they have a HUGE tent set up to keep everyone dry in the event of a rain/lightning storm? #3 they can't postpone a swim that long, then suddenly do it and still keep the police around to block off and faciliate the course. They have a race schedule to stick to and need the park cleared enough to make way for the afternoon HIM'ers to start checking in....its been that way for a few years.

Chalk this year up to extreme back luck. If I was the race dirctor, I'd be freaking out that nobody would come back next year! They have been doing this race for a few years now and do even bigger races through out the year; its not like they suddenly forgot how to organize an event!

As to your #2
If they had radar like they said they did at Ironman at Lonestar in the Ironman trucks or even checked a blackberry they should have been able to tell weather was going to clear.

as to your #1
If everyone went to their cars to get out of rain when they made an announcement swim was canceled check back in an hour, they should have done the second announcement both at the race venue and also down by the parking area instead of making folks come back and forth to race site from the parking lot far away to find out what's going on.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mooseman Triathlon Festival - International Distance : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 3