General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ride in Wilmington/Wrightsville area Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-02-02 4:22 PM

User image

Subject: Ride in Wilmington/Wrightsville area
My brother and I will likely be in the Wrightsville Beach/Wilmington area this week and we are looking for a decent mid-distance riding route (~30 mi.) with relatively low traffic in the area. Any ideas for someone not too familiar with the city?

We might also be up for a group ride if any of you would like to join us, or know of an organized ride for Saturday morning. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2010-02-03 4:52 AM
in reply to: #2650867

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC
Subject: RE: Ride in Wilmington/Wrightsville area
There are lots of good places to ride here in Wilmington and down at the beach.  The whole Island is 10 miles so you can get a 30 mile ride in if you do the beach x 3. 

Try this link too...

http://www.mapmyride.com/search

There may be a group meeting down at the beach this weekend depending on the weather.  Most times the group leaves from either the Police Station in Wrightsville Beach which is on the loop right after your cross the bridge or they leave from Summer Rest Road which is a small parking lot before you drive over the drawbridge to enter Wrightsville.  I'll keep you posted if I hear of any rides!

2010-02-03 4:25 PM
in reply to: #2650867

User image

Subject: RE: Ride in Wilmington/Wrightsville area
Thanks for the help. Yeah, it's looking like the weather will suck this weekend so more trainer time I guess. Are the group rides sponsored by any shops in the area so I can call for more info?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ride in Wilmington/Wrightsville area Rss Feed