Running Fit
25F / -4C
Overcast
Total Time = 33m 27s
Overall Rank = 957/1167
Age Group = 25-29 women
Age Group Rank = 71/99
Pre-race routine:

I arrived early to avoid the big packet-pickup line...so I found I had almost an hour and a half to kill before the race. So I shopped at the Running fit store (bought a new headband, sweet) and made note of some tri-gear I might want to invest in later down the road. Andrea (Travljini) happened to see me as I was walking...thank God! After seeing her, Sushi and Jogo came up and I had a group to run with! It's so much more fun (and it's easier too I think) to run with people you know.
Event warmup:

Stretched and tried not to freeze.
Run
  • 33m 27s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 10m 46s  min/mile
Comments:

This was a great start to the year for me. I've been training, but not as hard as I'd like to...and I knew going into this race that I was comfortable running 2 miles but hadn't increased up to 3 yet this winter. My goal for today was to finish the race without wimping out and walking. I have to give MAJOR credit to the BT girls: Jogo, Sushi and Travljini...because they kept a great pace and kept up great conversation, making the run seem pretty darn easy. I finshed without walking and I felt pretty good the entire way. I started to develop a little bit of a side ache during the last mile, but I was able to control it with what most would call "extremely heavy breathing"...haha. It never got too bad. And I got my sweet Super 5K mug. I can't wait to drink a beer out of it tonight while watching the big game.
What would you do differently?:

I'm happy with my performance. Maybe push it a little harder right at the end...maybe I could have finished in under 33 minutes. But overall, it was a good first race of the year for me.
Post race
Warm down:

Breakfast at Big Boy! And witness to an awesome car fire.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Small side ache that I tried to control by breathing. Never got too bad though.

Event comments:

Running Fit always puts on great events...nice shirts, cool finishers mug. This is a fun event and I'll probably do it again next year.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2010-01-24 12:00 AM
Running
00:33:27 | 03.11 miles | 10m 46s  min/mile
Age Group: 71/99
Overall: 957/1167
Performance: Good
Course: Very similar to the Fit 5K race held in May...mostly out and back, with a couple very small rollers.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-02-07 12:05 PM

Master
Subject: Super Bowl 5k

2010-02-07 12:43 PM
in reply to: #2659779

User image

Expert
Troy, MI
Subject: RE: Super Bowl 5k

Great Job today!! We kept each other going.  It was fun. Thanks for making me feel fast!   How did you get your results, are they posted?

Nice pics of the car fire.  I caught the tail end of that,coming out of the parking lot after a beer with Paul. 

2010-02-08 7:49 AM
in reply to: #2659779

User image

Master
Robbinsville NJ
Subject: RE: Super Bowl 5k
Good job and nice pic! Always good to have some early season success.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Super Bowl 5k Rss Feed