General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sometimes you have it, sometimes you don't Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-02-16 11:53 AM

Veteran
Madison, Alabama
Subject: Sometimes you have it, sometimes you don't
So, I told my wife this last week after a particularly horrible swim (supposed to swim 2K, wound up with only 1300 and couldn't do anymore).

Last night, I went to the pool to swim and was really not looking forward to it. wu: 250, alternating 50sw, 50k; main: 400, 4x100's, 300, 3x100's, 200, 2x100's; cd: 3x75's easy.

I got into the pool and started my swim. It was easy. I took Friday off from swimming, so I hadn't "swum" since last Wednesday, so I attribute most of the "easy" feeling to not being as fatigued. I swam the continuous sets using a pull bouy and the rest were FS. I used a 10s RI in between sets and wound up averaging about 1:50/100 (good for me). However, I told the wife last night that I could've easily done at least 1.5 times what I did last night (maybe not half).

Just wanted to say I had a good workout last night. All from someone who struggled when this plan started Jan 18. I could do maybe 1000. Once I finally figured out my breathing, it's all easy. I breathe every two strokes on the left side. I get better rotation that way. Will someday work up to breathing bilatteraly, but right now, why change if it's working, right?

Kevin
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sometimes you have it, sometimes you don't Rss Feed