2010-02-25 5:47 PM
in reply to: #2692312

User image

Subject: RE: Afraid to wear my Cervelo kit
blairrob - 2010-02-25 2:26 AM
tri808 - 2010-02-25 2:41 AM
E=H2O - 2010-02-24 12:07 PM

blairrob - 2010-02-23 10:22 PM 
 I was wearing a new trisuit, and hot 20 something chick passed me (slowly) on the bike. She came up to me after the race during the cookies and cry celebrations and we talked for half an hour. If she was 10 years older and not in med school I would have asked her out.  

WHAT! A friendly tri-babe hits on you and your only concerned that she is younger than you (ie will live longer than you) and that she is going to make a sh*t load of money, enough to fund your tri habit for the rest of your life!

You should be banned from the sport. You had to have been on something.

X10000000000

I mean common...it's not like she was 16

OK OK, I get point, .... but I lived with a GP for 5 years, which did not end well, and she was so stressed out by this job she hated... cost me some major change (I was the primary income, Ha!)  And I dated/lived with a 22 year old for 2 years (I was 37)- it was just too big of a gap too make work, hence the 10 year rule, man, you guys are so tough...
   after that broke up whenever we drove by a junior high school my best friend/ training partner would slow down and ask me if I wanted to run in for a quick look for 'the next one'

That's hilarious.  In all seriousness...I guess I understand.  But jokingly...you still should be banned from the sport!!!

And at least your training partner isn't making that comment as you pass retirement homes.

2010-02-25 11:07 PM
in reply to: #2692778

User image

Master
Royersford, PA
BenV - 2010-02-25 11:00 AM

Personally, I've worn stuff myself that is so uncool some (including me) find it funny like me being a bit overweight and riding with my 'Cookie MOnster' kit or my Eric Cartman South Park kit which on the back reads 'Oh Man, YOU GUYS SUCK!' on group rides  such as the rose bowl ride in Pasadena. 

Dude is not about how you do, its about how you look while your doing it.

I've got that South Park Jersey and I got more comments. Heck one race three of us broke out into a verse of "Karl's mom's a B***H in B minor" at mile 10 in a HIM.

As a triathlete, you are going to tick off some idiots no matter what you do. If you really want to tweak someone trying to "man up" on you and ride you into the ground, just smile and wave and say something positive. They won't know what to do.

Have fun!
2010-02-26 12:10 AM
in reply to: #2692796

User image

Veteran
Cabot, Arkansas
Lilac J - 2010-02-25 10:04 AM Can't relate to this- all my kits are generic (solid colors) or my Sports Bistro team kit.  But I must admit I wouldn't want to wear the Cervelo or similar kit.  I think it does look kinda dumb, sorry!  I know that's superficial, but cyclists are...

WHAT!?!?!?  Blasphamy!!!!

Thor is a monster and wear the kit nicely if I might say (no...not gay...jus appreciate a big cycler...oh wait, that sounded bad)..anyways...once I get my sub-700 gram Cervelo Frame...oh wait again...

Maybe i"m just a dork, but watchin those videos of Team Cervelo ridin down the road together gets me pretty hyped.  Not sure I think they look dumb
2010-02-26 6:33 AM
in reply to: #2689939

User image

Veteran
St. Cloud, MN
Funny thoughts here.

I don't care what you wear. No worries if you go through central MN.

Although it can be hard with some cycling gear, I have removed just about all the labels that are removable. I don't buy clothing (street or exercise) that has a company's logo on it.

When I bought my car I made the dealer take off the dealer logo that they had put on the back.

Why? IMHO, if I am going to advertise for a company by displaying their logo on my body/car/bike/hat I should get paid.

If I had to pay for a shirt that said Nike in big letters on the front and then wore it around for free I'd feel like a sucker.
2010-02-26 8:49 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
I wish I didn’t feel this way, but I do—I think it’s kind of geeky to wear a full-on pro kit of any kind unless you’re actually a member of that team. I used to play softball with a guy who would show up wearing a full set of Yankee pinstripes to play pick-up softball.

Having said that, he obviously didn’t give a rat’s a$$ what I or anyone else thought, and neither should you.
2010-02-28 4:41 AM

User image

Veteran
Pittsburgh, PA
I love the advice to just say, "A friend got it for me and I think it's cool" if anyone gives you crap.  Nothing disarms jerks like sincerity.

I want to add that before I started doing tris I would do an MS150 every year and I was really clueless- I started out on a $10 goodwill roadbike, upgraded to a $59 target bike and finally splurged on a craigslist Cannondale hybrid.  During my first one I was impressed by all the cool shirts with pockets on the back (ie, cycling jerseys) so I bought one at the end of the first day- I'm sure I chose the cheapest on-sale one, but it must have been some boasty team jersey (I really can't remember- I just had no idea about biking then!) because I remember getting a few comments from guys on road bikes that I totally didn't get.  Once at a rest stop a guy looked at my jersey and said "I guess you'll be dropping me on the next hill," and I just looked at him blankly.  I had to ask someone else what dropping meant and then I was like, "Why on earth would he say that?  He looks reallyl fit and his bike looks so  nice."  It still makes me laugh that their burns went nowhere.
But seriously, very few people are such jerks!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Afraid to wear my Cervelo kit Rss Feed  

of 3