Austin, Texas
United States
The Austin Marathon Foundation, Inc.
Total Time = 1h 52m 3s
Overall Rank = 1265/9000
Age Group = 20-24
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Parked at 6th & Brazos, the race started at 8th & Congress. I always get to races SUPER early and I just sat in my car for 2 hours and listened to music.
Event warmup:

I got out of my car at 6:40, got to Starbucks at 6:50 and waited in there until 6:59. The race started at 7:00. It was cold.
Run
  • 1h 52m 3s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 33s  min/mile
Comments:

Really fun course. Down Congress, over 290 then up 1st Street. Left onto Lake Austin Blvd. and ran around rich residential neighborhoods just west of Mopac for a while before bringing it back in.

I felt really good the whole run. At Mile 3.5ish some girl saw my IM tattoo and chatted me up about that for a while. She was doing IMAZ as her first later this year so I gave her some tips. Ha. Like I had any tips to give...

I had to slow my pace a little to run with her, but I didn't really care about time since I did zero training for this race. We ran together until mile 8 or so.

Some other guy commented on my tattoo at Mile 9. He did Arizona in 11:30 or something ridiculous. He ran with me for about a mile before dropping me. I saw him take the turn for the full marathon. That felt crappy haha.

There was a pretty nice hill around the 12 mile marker that I struggled to get up, but after that it was home free around the Capitol building and back down Congress to the finish.

Really nice run. Surprised my legs felt decent on no training. Maybe they felt good because I was running 9/min miles haha.
What would you do differently?:

Not get a stress fracture.
Post race
Warm down:

I grabbed a medal and a t-shirt and walked back to my car. I had to be at a 10am wedding in west Austin.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

No training. That seems to be a theme...

Last updated: 2009-07-30 12:00 AM
Running
01:52:03 | 13.1 miles | 08m 33s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/9000
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2010-02-25 11:07 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Austin, TX
Subject: Austin Half Marathon

2010-02-26 12:41 AM
in reply to: #2694535

User image

Regular
Erbil
Subject: RE: Austin Half Marathon

Brief but funny, except the part about the "alleged" stress fracture. 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Austin Half Marathon Rss Feed