General Discussion Triathlon Talk » How long do your tri shoes last? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-02-25 11:27 PM

Expert
Boise
Subject: How long do your tri shoes last?
I'm asking this because I think my specialized tri vents have died on me after 2 seasons. They started to bug me at the end of last year with pain on the outside of my right foot only after I got off the bike. No pain at all while riding. This last weekend I took a spin class and was clipped in for the first time in a while and the outside of my foot felt "achy" and uncomfortable for around 1 to 2 hours afterwords.

I took a look at them and it looks like the upper may have stretched some on the outer portion of the shoe.

How often do you guys replace your shoes? Does this seem like a short period of time for them to break down or is it pretty normal?

2010-02-25 11:38 PM
in reply to: #2694557

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: How long do your tri shoes last?
i have a pair of sidi t2s that i have used for ALL of my riding for 4 years, 12-18 races per season plus all biking training.

they are stretching out and starting to come apart around the top now and should prob be replaced this season.
2010-02-25 11:50 PM
in reply to: #2694557

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
Does it hurt in the same spot when you are not wearing your shoes? Pain on the outside of the foot over iether of the bony prominences of the 5th digit (not including the toe, but further back...just behind your 5th toe and just below your ankle where the 5th bone causes a bump...those are both places you can get stress fractures.
2010-02-26 12:08 AM
in reply to: #2694577

Expert
Boise
AdventureBear - 2010-02-25 11:50 PM Does it hurt in the same spot when you are not wearing your shoes? Pain on the outside of the foot over iether of the bony prominences of the 5th digit (not including the toe, but further back...just behind your 5th toe and just below your ankle where the 5th bone causes a bump...those are both places you can get stress fractures.

It hurts right at the 5th metatarsal head (don't you wish your patients/athletes could tell you exactly where it hurts. I wish mine could Tongue out) It doesn't seem to get worst when I walk vs. when I'm just sitting. It just kind of lingers in the background then disappears.

I'm doubtful about stress fracture because I've been a lazy bum for the last month and a half because of school sucking a lot. Even before then I was really focusing on my swimming and strengthening my ankle/hip stabilizers with very little running/biking. I can grab a tuning fork tomorrow at school tho and test it out. Just to rule it out for sure.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » How long do your tri shoes last? Rss Feed