General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Woodland Hills Training Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-02-26 7:56 AM

User image

Hawai'i
Subject: Woodland Hills Training
Hi, will be in Woodland Hills for work in April and was wondering where I can train. Where are the good places to run? Will I be able to just leave my hotel and start running on the local streets? Is there an affordable gym for swimming?

Thanks,
Sean

2010-02-26 10:27 PM
in reply to: #2694775

User image

Champion
Northridge, California
Subject: RE: Woodland Hills Training
Can't answer about the pool, but there is a bike path that I both ride and sometimes run on that terminates in Woodland Hills.  Anybody will be able to point you to the Canoga Orange Line busway station.  The path runs east from there (for like 17 miles, actually).

Or, if you want hills, you can run south up Canoga (or DeSoto...both major thoroughfares) to Mulholland Hwy.  If you go left (east) onto that, it takes you up into national parkland and (eventually) unpaved fireroad.

Most of the streets north of Ventura Blvd and the 101 Fwy (which is the neighborhood where most of the corporate headquarters and hotels are) are in a grid pattern...hard to get lost.  South of Ventura and the 101 is hillier and residential...great running, but easy to get lost in.
2010-03-01 11:43 AM
in reply to: #2696563

User image

Champion
Northridge, California
tcovert - 2010-02-26 8:27 PM Can't answer about the pool, but there is a bike path that I both ride and sometimes run on that terminates in Woodland Hills.  Anybody will be able to point you to the Canoga Orange Line busway station.  The path runs east from there (for like 17 miles, actually).

Or, if you want hills, you can run south up Canoga (or DeSoto...both major thoroughfares) to Mulholland Hwy.  If you go left (east) onto that, it takes you up into national parkland and (eventually) unpaved fireroad.

Most of the streets north of Ventura Blvd and the 101 Fwy (which is the neighborhood where most of the corporate headquarters and hotels are) are in a grid pattern...hard to get lost.  South of Ventura and the 101 is hillier and residential...great running, but easy to get lost in.

Actually, it occured to me while I was riding in the neighborhood yesterday that DeSoto doesn't go all the way through to Mulholland...Canoga does.
2010-03-01 2:49 PM
in reply to: #2699901

User image

Hawai'i
Thanks for the info.
2010-03-02 9:27 AM
in reply to: #2694775

User image

Regular
Sherman Oaks
bigislandfj - 2010-02-26 5:56 AMHi, will be in Woodland Hills for work in April and was wondering where I can train. Where are the good places to run? Will I be able to just leave my hotel and start running on the local streets? Is there an affordable gym for swimming?Thanks,Sean
If you have a car, and you enjoy trail running, there are some great options on dirt Mulholland, or else you can head out to Cheseboro in Agoura Hills or Boney Mountain in Thousand Oaks.As for swimming, I like Calabasas Swim and Tennis Center ($3.00).
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Woodland Hills Training Rss Feed