General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wife said she would leave me if I shave my legs!!!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2010-03-01 8:14 AM
in reply to: #2696257

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Wife said she would leave me if I shave my legs!!!!!

Great thread!  I keep trying to get my husband to shave his legs but so far he won't do it!!  He doesn't tape, but if he wrecks his bike I don't want to have to pick through all that leg hair!  Plus, I think shaved legs is kinda sexy on men - all slick and smooth!!

2010-03-01 11:36 AM
in reply to: #2696705

User image

Veteran
trigods - 2010-02-27 7:08 AM

tcovert - 2010-02-26 10:20 PM
TriMyBest - 2010-02-26 7:10 PM

Why do you want to shave your legs?  Because you think it'll make you faster?  Because you don't want hair scraps in your road rash?  Because you think you'll like the way it feels?  Smile

Despite all the arguments everyone makes for shaving, the only slightly marginally practical reason for triathletes and cyclists to do it is because road rash is supposed to heal a little better if you're shaved (And I have to ask myself, just how often are these people crashing?!).  The real reason people do it is just because it's part of the triathlon/cycling culture.  In other words, "But, Mom!  All the other kids are doing it!"  Laughing

^^^  FTW.

Never shaved.  No interest in doing so.  Probably have more podium finishes than a lot of guys who do.

And apparently I must crash a lot less...

That being said, though, if it was something I actually felt strongly about doing--as opposed to something to do cuz the all the cool kids are doing it--and my wife played that card, it wouldn't go over very well with me, to say the least.

I agree 100% X 1,000,000
Somewhat suprised at the amount of people who are telling you to do it anyway.... It is your marriage do what you want and while her saying she would leave at something silly apparently it is important to her and that should make it important to you; no matter if everyone else thinks it is silly.

I think I shaved my legs the first year because I thought "all the cool kids" are doing it... THen I realized, you can podium with hairy legs and I have not wrecked in forever so really what is the point....

and BTW Andy Potts does not shave his legs... He thinks it is silly and said he had enough of that in college swimming.

That is fine that everyone else wants to do it but I dont think it is a reason to your wife off over...

you know what they say, if momma aint happy, no one is happy...

I wouldn't dream of telling my man what he could/couldn't do with his body regardless of the reason.  Would you be as willing to cut or not cut your hair if your husband told you he would leave you for it?  Or would you be offended like most women these days? Fair is fair.

BTW, mine never shaved his legs but he did under his arms.  It was quite nice.  And he was a special forces snake eater type. 

Edited by sarahswhere 2010-03-01 11:39 AM
2010-03-01 12:05 PM
in reply to: #2696967

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2010-03-01 1:15 PM
in reply to: #2696470

Lafayette, LA.
TriMyBest - 2010-02-26 9:10 PM

Why do you want to shave your legs?  Because you think it'll make you faster?  Because you don't want hair scraps in your road rash?  Because you think you'll like the way it feels?  Smile

Despite all the arguments everyone makes for shaving, the only slightly marginally practical reason for triathletes and cyclists to do it is because road rash is supposed to heal a little better if you're shaved (And I have to ask myself, just how often are these people crashing?!).  The real reason people do it is just because it's part of the triathlon/cycling culture.  In other words, "But, Mom!  All the other kids are doing it!"  Laughing

Says the man with the arm band tat; classic.
2010-03-01 3:52 PM

Veteran
I think firstly you have to think why shave...personally its not so much about going faster...I am just not that good and have no hope of being that good that shaving makes a difference BUT I do shave because it make a difference in my head. It makes me think about training , about racing,  about the effort, the commitment.
That and I really hate looking like there is two hairy caterpillars sticking out of my trishorts.
2010-03-01 3:54 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2010-03-01 4:21 PM

Veteran
Do it..feels great...maybe even wax!

I ummed and ahhed for a while and then I said to the wife the mates at work were egging me on...so I got some wax strips and she did it for me..

She came to my first race at the weekend and saw about 50% (if not more) of the field were clean..and she never saw so many blokes in crazy lycra Borat suits...

It's all part of the cult!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wife said she would leave me if I shave my legs!!!!! Rss Feed  

of 3