General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Team Z anyone? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-03-06 5:20 PM

User image

Veteran
Oakland, CA
Subject: Team Z anyone?
I know local tri clubs/teams are the subject of many discussions in the VA forum, but wanted to see if anyone in Northern VA is Team Z. Went to an info session today and am thinking of giving it a shot. Coach Ed seems pretty chill, and I'd love to have someone actually SEE me swim/bike/run and perhaps get some feedback and advice--plus meet some folks in the area who are into training and such. Any one here a member? Would love to hear your thoughts.

2010-03-07 7:21 AM
in reply to: #2711963

User image

Regular
Vienna, VA
Subject: RE: Team Z anyone?

Team Z is great for a couple of reasons

1) the people

2) the people

3) the people

Coach Ed is great to work with, is motivated to keep his business fresh and moving forward, and has good programs.  His training programs are loosely based on Joe Friel's training bible, with plenty of modifications thrown in.  The actual events that you train for are a total party on the day of the event, which makes it great for the family or significant others in your life.

Join, pay by the month, and if you like it, change over to a 6-month fee to get a lower rate.  You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Between Rehab to Racing and Team Z I could have not have completed Lake Placid last year, let alone Mooseman. 

Good luck!

Paul

2010-03-07 5:42 PM

User image

Veteran
Oakland, CA
Thanks Paul, I'm leaning more and more towards it each day. Anyone else on the team and have advice?
2010-03-07 6:31 PM
in reply to: #2712979

User image

Extreme Veteran
Falls Church, VA

I've been a member of TeamZ since moving to NOVA two and a hlf years ago.  I think Paul got it covered pretty well.

Ray

2010-03-08 8:05 AM

User image

Master
Falls Church, VA

I have been on Team Z for the past several years and I love it. Paul and Ray have put it well. Certainly if you like to socialize you will enjoy the Team Z atmosphere. if you prefer to do your workouts solo, it might not be for you.

There is no way I would have completed an ironman  without the team support.

The swim workouts gives me a competitive atmosphere to achieve more than I ever would alone. The group rides provide a variety and length and entertainment I would never have alone, in addition to being supported which gives peace of mind.

The team races are awesome. I can't even explain the feeling of racing and have 100 screamng teammates supporting you the entire time.

2010-03-10 1:40 PM

User image

Veteran
Oakland, CA
Thanks again for your thoughts, folks. I decided to do it! I was a little concerned about transportation, but I figure I can ride my bike to Ballston/Clarendon since most of the practices happen around there. Hopefully from those practices, I'll meet some folks who I could carpool with to long weekend rides outside the city.

Looking forward to meeting the Team Zers out there in the near future (welcome session is 3/26)!

----------
-Kate

2010-03-16 5:40 AM

Veteran
Dang!  I thought this thread was about zombies.  Laughing
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Team Z anyone? Rss Feed