Disney
39F / 4C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 07m 48s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

As always all Disney World runs make you get up at "midnight" (ok, I am exagerating a little). Alarm went off at 2:30am!!! my niece and friend who were also running the race got up and we were ready to go have our coffee and breakfast. The hotel (Disney hotel) was awesome in that they had breakfast food available for the runners starting at 3am. I had my usual, coffee, bagel and peanut butter and just prior the race starting a small cliff bar. Took the bus to Epcot for the race!
Event warmup:

Arrived at Epcot, very very cold (for South Fl) it was 39 degrees!!! we sat and waited until 430am when we decided to start walking towards the corrals, a 20minute walk which I considered my warm up. Arrived at the Corral and said Good luck to my niece as she was in another corral and off I went into my cow pen ;-)
Run
  • 2h 07m 48s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 46s  min/mile
Comments:

PR!!!! by a little more than a minute, Oh and that PR was 10years ago when I was much younger..lol...so I think it should count as a double PR!? I felt great from the beginning and I just focused on running my own race. I tried not to "sight see" as much (my husband tells me I sight see alot and that it slows me downs..lol). For hydration I used my own Cliff drink that I mixed in the am and one cliff shot. My legs felt sore towards the end, but hey I was working them! I loved using the compression socks, I really think they help with my ongoing issue of cramping of my calves.
What would you do differently?:

Stop global warming so Florida can stop having these super cold weather spells!!! Push a little harder next time.
Post race
Warm down:

Had warm oatmeal (yum), a banana, raisins and water. Waited for my friend and niece to finish.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Brrr...cold

Event comments:

I highly recommend this race! so much fun and it is super organized.

Last updated: 2010-01-17 12:00 AM
Running
02:07:48 | 13.1 miles | 09m 46s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
I had my heart rate on but for some reason it decided to stop working right before the start.
Course: Very nice course from epcot to magic kingdom. There are streches on the highway, however Disney did a great job with this race in having music and Disney theme like entertainment in these long streches. It was also hilarious to watch all the different runners in fun customes, specially the men running in TuTus!! yes...remember this is a Princess Run
Keeping cool Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2010-03-07 4:10 PM

User image

Veteran
West Palm Beach
Subject: Disney's Princess Half-Marathon

2010-03-07 5:05 PM
in reply to: #2712884

User image

Expert
Kaneohe, Hawaii
Subject: RE: Disney's Princess Half-Marathon
Congratulations on the PR! Great Job!
2010-03-09 2:09 PM
in reply to: #2712884

Regular
Soutwest Florida
Good job on the PR! How did the calves end up, any cramps? Keep up the good work I tell my wife she does too much sight seeing too. She had a PR at Gasparilla but missed her goal so she is doing Sarasota. She has turned into a monster. lol Good luck and keep training I know I am.
2010-03-11 11:42 AM
in reply to: #2716906

User image

Veteran
West Palm Beach
Thank you! No cramps ;-) what a relief...I wore my compression sucks and I love them!!!!I really think they helped me alot.
I also took 2 endurolytes half way and had my own cliff electrolyte drink. It must me a woman thing about sight seeing lol!

Tell your wife good luck in Sarasota, that run should be very nice. Happy tranining!

2010-03-16 6:37 PM
in reply to: #2720847

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
Congrats on the PR!!     Happy for you!  Nice report.

Yeah what is up with the cold in FLA?  Its bizzaro    The Disney start times are tough aren't they?  I suppose it may not matter much as I do not know about you but I always have a hard time sleeping before a big race.   

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Disney's Princess Half-Marathon Rss Feed