General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any triathlete in SE MN? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-03-16 9:47 PM

Subject: Any triathlete in SE MN?
My wife and I live in Winona and are going to try the sprint triathlon in Waseca in August.  I'm currently overseas but should be returning home in June.  I was just wondering if there are any triathletes nearby that would maybe want to get together for some training this summer?  Or for lunch and just talk about triathlons and tips for newbies.  Maybe someone nearby is doing the same triathlon?  

2010-03-17 5:33 AM
in reply to: #2730418

Subject: RE: Any triathlete in SE MN?

There are definitely triathletes in Winona.  I've only met a few over the years, but there were plenty at Trinona last year.  You may want to consider either racing or volunteering at Trinona to meet up with a few of the locals that race.  

I work 2 days per week in Winona and sometimes do morning runs there.  I'm also open to evening rides on the Trinona course once I put a few base miles in this spring.  Otherwise let me know if you want to meet up some time and talk tri, I'd be up for that.

2010-03-17 6:09 AM

User image

Elite

I don't know, do you really think it's fair to subject a newbie to hanging with Joe right away?

2010-03-17 8:20 AM
in reply to: #2730604

mndiver - 2010-03-17 6:09 AM

I don't know, do you really think it's fair to subject a newbie to hanging with Joe right away?

Good mental training

2010-03-17 7:20 PM

User image

Expert
Dodge County, MN (out in the corn)
Hi Jesse!  Don't know about that Joe Ryan guy Wink, but there are some pretty nice triathletes over in the Rochester area. Several of us are doing Trinona and I'm sure there will be trips over there to ride the course.  I did Waseca last year and had a great time, and I'm in again this year.  If you want to get together later on and ride the Waseca course, I'm game.  It's very flat and fast; at least it's fast for fast people.  Glad to meet you!

Pattie
2010-03-22 10:11 AM

User image

SE Minnesota

I live up the hill in Lewiston and did the Waseca tri (sprint)last year and plan on doing the long course this summer.

There was some talk of a Winona area tri club getting put together this season.  I will send out some e-mails to see where this is currently at.

Are you going to be back in time for Trinona?  The race is June 13th.

Shoot me a PM and I will give you some contact info.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any triathlete in SE MN? Rss Feed