General Discussion Race Reports! » Bethel Spring Series - Tour de Kirche Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Bethel Spring Series - Tour de Kirche - CycleCriterium

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Bethel, Connecticut
United States
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 6/50?
Age Group = Women Cat 1-4
Age Group Rank = 6/50?
Pre-race routine:

drove up with AL. Talked tactics for a little bit. Chatted with friends wile setting up gear and then signed in.
Event warmup:

15 min WU
2 min at 85%, 3 min easy, 2 min at 95% 3 min easy, 2 min at 105%, 3 min easy
1 easy loop around course
Bike
  • 52m
  • 22 miles
  • 25.38 mile/hr
Comments:

This was my first crit so only had a little knowledge of what to do. While in line for the bathroom a couple of girls were saying that the race was going to be fast because it was a stacked field. Oh great :o
Before the start the official explained the primes but I had no clue what he was on about. I guess those were the laps when the bell rang and we went a bit faster.
On the start I had trouble getting clipped in (not usually a problem) and ended up in a lousy position at the start. I did not like the feeling of being in the middle/back of the pack so tried to work my way up around the side on the next few laps. HR was pretty low, didn't even need to stand going up the hill.
I didn't really get the prime lap...I actually thought they were breaks so I went with them both times. I think I could have gotten one if I had tried (and knew what was going on). Something to think about for the coming weeks. With about 5 laps to go I though...when is someone going to do something. Finally AL took the lead - she is such a workhorse! Not a great sprinter but she can go 25 mph for hours! She led out the last two laps and really started to push the pace with 1 lap to go. AMM and another gal were right behind her and I was in 4th. At the last hill I passed by AL and charged up the hill with the other two gals. I felt so awkward trying to sprint out of the saddle. Something I definitely need to work on! I also think I started sprinting a tad to early and was in the wrong gear. I thought there were only prizes for the top three and eased up at the end and ended up getting passed by 2 girls. Should not have done that...I wound up 6th - 1 place out of $ but I did earn a point ( not sure what that means) but one of my coaches said that was great for my first race.
What would you do differently?:

So much! But hey...it was my first race :)
Post race
Warm down:

2 laps around the course.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

knowledge. A bit flat feeling from yesterday's ride.

Event comments:

Can't wait for next week!

Last updated: 2010-03-21 12:00 AM
Biking
00:52:00 | 22 miles | 25.38 mile/hr
Age Group: 6/50?
Overall: 0/50?
Performance: Good
Guess on the time
Wind: Little
Course: 22 loops - 1 small hill. No need to get out of the big ring.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2010-03-21 7:34 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Stamford, CT
Subject: Bethel Spring Series - Tour de Kirche
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Bethel Spring Series - Tour de Kirche Rss Feed