General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Decisions, Decisions Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-03-24 9:37 AM

User image

Champion
Urbandale, IA
Subject: Decisions, Decisions
Our team has been issued our pricing from our sponsoir, Kuota, for 2010.  These are the 2010 models of these bikes. 
We can choose road bikes from the following:
Kuota KOM
Kuota K.U.L.T.
Kuota Kebel

I just bought a Kuota K-Factor last year so I will not be taking advantage of the deals on the Tri Bikes (K-Factor, Kalibur, Kueen K)
So - Each bike is sold with a seperate set-up.  I am trying to decide between the KULT and the Kebel (I don't think the KOM is worth the money for what is, in essence, a 200 gram weight difference). 
They both come in SRAM Rival, Ultegra, DA, and SRAM Red.  I am most likely going to go with the SRAM Rival or Ultegra (who am I, Lance Armstrong?).  These setups are virtually the same in all other areas (wheels, tires, etc) except for stem and bar.  The stems are DEDA White on the SRAM group and Kuota RST on the Ultegra.  Bars are DEDA and Kuota HB. 

Here is my question for the gurus.  Am I going to notice the difference between Ultegra and SRAM Rival (besides the obvious shifting differences in SRAM's double click shifting).  The price for the SRAM is about $200 less in the KULT and $300 in the Kebel.  Those are savings on our price - $350 and $450 MSRP. 
Price difference bewtween the Kebel and KULT is $600 to us (ultegra) and $1200 MSRP.

Thoughts?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Decisions, Decisions Rss Feed