General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Skin Rash Solutions for Men - Suggestions Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-06-20 8:41 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Skin Rash Solutions for Men - Suggestions
I've been cycling for 7 months and my biggest adjustment has still been trying to get comfortable with my saddle. I've done 3 bike fits since I got my bike and still have some comfort issues with my saddle.

It seems that whenever I cycle, I get a rash right under my genitals. It's a skin rash and I am looking for any suggestions (besides Chamois Cream) to alleviate this rash? I've used vaseline, it doesn't really get rid of the pain while cycling. I just need anything that can keep my mind off the pain of that area for the 6+ hr bike segment for my year-end IM. Do any of you first aid cream? Ibuprofin or Motrin?

Thanks!

2005-06-25 10:50 PM
in reply to: #179313

User image

New user

NJ
Subject: RE: Skin Rash Solutions for Men - Suggestions
Is it a matter of friction ?That underarmor underwear has great breathability and a good fit. I switched to those because of friction. My Dr gave me a presciption for loprox which is an ointment. That worked for me but my problem was not bike related.

Edited by McBane 2005-06-25 10:50 PM
2005-06-29 8:42 AM
in reply to: #179313

Extreme Veteran
IL
Subject: RE: Skin Rash Solutions for Men - Suggestions

What kind of clothing are you using when you bike?  Kind of a dumb question, but if you're not using bike shorts go get some.  Maybe hit up some gold bond powder before and after the ride, that may help. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Skin Rash Solutions for Men - Suggestions Rss Feed