General Discussion Race Reports! » GHORBA Short Track Stampede - Cypresswood Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

GHORBA Short Track Stampede - Cypresswood - CycleOther

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Houston, Texas
United States
GHORBA
72F / 22C
Sunny
Total Time = 6h 00m
Overall Rank = 19/67
Age Group = Cat2
Age Group Rank = 9/22
Pre-race routine:

Woke up @0600. Made my coffee and oatmeal and headed to venue to help set up shop and get a pre-ride in
Event warmup:

Rode time trail loop slowly
Bike
  • 00m
  • 0 miles
  • 0.00 mile/hr
Comments:

Time Trial Lap- Went out and rode my ride. I suppose I could have gone a bit faster but I needed to pace myself for the potential to do 3 or 4 laps or a total of 20 miles on single track at sprinting speed. I was able to catch the 2 guys in front of me. We were staggered 45 seconds apart from one another. I was happy with my TT results.

Heat 1- Decent lap. Bike preformed fine. I could have been smoother in the corners. Finished 3rd in heat @ 5 sec behind my teammate.

Semi Finals - Could have been more aggressive at the initial sprint to get in front. I was 4th in my heat going into the singletrack tightly packed. Bottom bracket started to creak and make other funny noises. One of my teammates crashed and cause a pile up at the bottom of a drop. Once untangled I did not have the legs to run up the hill so 3 guys were able to pull away from me. Couldn't catch them. Crashed twice on the way back in. Both times front tire washed out from underneath me on loose sandy corners or pine needle debris in the corners. Stuffed it pretty good the second time.
Did not make the finals.... maybe next year.

I had severe coughing fits in between heats. Had upper respiratory problems the week prior and the dry air was not helping.
What would you do differently?:

Do more interval training! Need more road miles. I suffer on faster non-technical courses. Need to attack early and get out in front to set the pace
Post race
Warm down:

spun around park for ~5 min. Grabbed a gatorade and ate 1 hot dog and 1 bratwurst

What limited your ability to perform faster:

lack of interval training and a lingering upper respiratory condition.

Event comments:

Timing system was not cooperating at the start of the race. We started 1 hr later than planned and there was about an hour to an hour and a half lull between the time trail and the 1st heat. Other than that glitch the race was fun. Looking forward to the rest of the series

Last updated: 2010-03-03 12:00 AM
Biking
00:00:00 | 00 miles | 0.00 mile/hr
Age Group: 9/22
Overall: 19/67
Performance: Average
Wind: Little
Course: Dry and fast
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2010-03-26 9:34 AM

User image

Cypress, Texas
Subject: GHORBA Short Track Stampede - Cypresswood
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » GHORBA Short Track Stampede - Cypresswood Rss Feed