Shamrock Sportsfest
65F / 18C
Sunny
Total Time = 4h 03m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

got up at 6:30, breakfast of banana and oatmeal, no coffee. some water, stretching
Event warmup:

walked 10 blocks to the race and stretched a little. waited for the start
Run
  • 4h 03m
  • 26.2 miles
  • 09m 16s  min/mile
Comments:

started out at a comfortably slow pace with mike calling all the shots, as it was his race and I was not even registered under my own name. We ran fairly strong for the first part, but it was a conversational pace for me the whole time. thank goodness, because mike wanted me to talk to him the whole race! It was hot...rest stations were drink one cup, pour one on the head. Had 3 gu's and some gatorade. Was hungry by the end of the race. first race where I stopped to hit the potty and I drank some beer on the course too! Might as well have a good time! (R) ITB issues from running a slower speed and i got a pretty nice blister on my right plantar aspect of first MT from wearing my shoes for the 2nd time ever...oops!!
What would you do differently?:

Had a great time running with Mike on his first marathon. Nice to help someone out and not run for myself!
Post race
Warm down:

finished and felt pretty great. had 1 water and 3 beers and tried to get down a banana eventually. hung out on the beach and then walked to blake's car to catch a ride home. not that sore!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Running Mike's first marathon with him...not about going fast, just about bringing him through the race

Event comments:

great race! would do it every year because it's such a fast course...could do boston every year on this course if I trained properly. great to see familiar faces on the whole course too. Fun race!

Last updated: 2010-03-26 12:00 AM
Running
04:03:00 | 26.2 miles | 09m 16s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: bowtie course with 1 hill
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3