team magic
65F / 18C
Sunny
Total Time = 3h 05m 53s
Overall Rank = 22/44
Age Group = all women
Age Group Rank = 4/12
Pre-race routine:

Race started at 1, so we had a leisurely morning. Stretched, hydrated had lunch at 11.
Event warmup:

Jogged a bit, felt pretty sluggish.
Run
  • 44m 4s
  • 8 kms
  • 05m 31s  min/km
Comments:

Finsished 32 overall on the run, so I was slow. Did not want to burn out with the long climbs coming up on the bike.
What would you do differently?:

Maybe warm up more and wear a cooler jersey and tri shorts. Probaly trail shoes. I did not want to switch shoes as i was worried about the PF.
Transition 1
  • 00m

Speed laces.
Bike
  • 2h 02m 8s
  • 17 miles
  • 8.35 mile/hr
Comments:

Felt like I did pretty well. Only had to hike 3x. Rode more stuff then I could have a couple of years ago. Had some great climbing on the less tech climbs and passed a lot of people on those. I was busy congratulating myself on lifting a wheel to cross a bridge when I rolled up against a retaining well and flipped sideways over the edge and rolled down a bank. Seat came off the rails. Got out tools and tried to fix but eventually gave up and stood up on pedals for the last 4 miles. Ouch.

Get a seat without ti rails. Apparently this has happend to others using tubular ti rails on an mtb. Lesson learned. Also looked down that darn bank. I know better then to look where I don't want to ride.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Legs dead it sucked.
Run
  • 00m
  • 2 kms
  •  min/km
Post race
Warm down:

Drank a coke and whined.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Need to run more hills and loose weight. Was happy with myself for just finishing. I was tempted to quit.

Event comments:

Race organization was okay but not great. I signed up day of race. At the counter they told me the start time was 11:30. All documentation, including what they handed me at that time said 1:00pm. None of the volunteeers seemed to know how to find out what was correct, so I found the RD and asked. It was 1. Until a few days before the race, the site said it was a 5k 17 mi 5k, it turned out to be an 8k 17mi 2k, but even those distances were not accurate. Then the day of race entry ended up being $5 more then advertised. Sort of nit picking, but when you are paying a premium for an entry, it would be nice if things could be a bit more accurate. All that stuff just started to add up. I also did not like the direction that they rode the bike loop. It is really not designed to be ridden that way and does not flow well. Kind of a bummer since it is such a nice trail. The run courses were good. The water support was self service at a few stops. The post race stuff was a little lame for the entry price. Some cold pasta, brown sliced apples, sliced oranges and cookies. One more thing..the results listing on the web site was not catagorized either. Just one list of all finishers. Seems easy enough to make a nice listing.

Last updated: 2010-02-11 12:00 AM
Running
00:44:04 | 08 kms | 05m 31s  min/km
Age Group: 0/12
Overall: 0/44
Performance: Below average
Hr was very high. Never got below 150. Up over 160 frequently.
Course: Ran up a long 6-8% paved hill for starters, then turned onto the trail. It was rolling single track. Ran really conservatively. Especially up the first big hill.
Keeping cool Drinking
T1
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Run with bike?
Jump on bike?
Getting up to speed and into shoes:
Biking
02:02:08 | 17 miles | 8.35 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/12
Overall: 0/44
Performance: Good
Never looked at Hr much. Felt pretty good on bike.
Wind:
Course: Rode the OM loop backward which sucks as the climb up to blood rock is very washed out and tough to climb unless your technical skills are very very good. Had to hike a bike for part of it.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Bad
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal