General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fort Walton Beach Transition Clinic - Bold Eagle Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-03-29 7:17 PM

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Subject: Fort Walton Beach Transition Clinic - Bold Eagle Tri

Hey everyone!

Anyone interested in a free skills clinic at Navarre beach in preparation for the Bold Eagle Tri? 

I'll be happy to go out there, help people set up transition, and practice some T1 and T2.

Let me know if there's interest so we can plan something!  Maybe either April 3rd or April 10th?

2010-03-31 12:40 PM
in reply to: #2756632

User image

Fort Walton Beach
Subject: RE: Fort Walton Beach Transition Clinic - Bold Eagle Tri

That would probably go over really well over in FWB sometime before Eglin's My First Tri.  You might talk to some of the bike shops like Dragon and Bob's about putting some fliers in the shop.  If you talk to the FWB Y, they might even let you do the clinic there.  Let me know if you decide to do that as we can send an email out to the local cycling club and post info on our bulletin board on Ranger Camp Rd.

2010-04-02 2:33 AM

User image

Fort Walton Beach

Would like to get an OW swim in before this race, but am worried about the water temps. What is considered a good temp to consider swimming at with a sleeveless wetsuit?  I guess they are sitting in the low 60's right now. 

2010-04-02 7:45 PM
in reply to: #2764592

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Low 60s should be fine with a sleveless suit.  You're going to feel chilly getting started, but once you get going you'll forget about it!

Let me know if you want company, always looking for someone to do an OWS with!
2010-04-02 9:43 PM

User image

Fort Walton Beach
Are you in Fort Walton? Could do one after work Monday.  I am a wimp about cold, but will give it a try. Then again, my quads could use an ice bath anyway.
2010-04-03 8:09 PM

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Monday afternoon should work.  What time and where?  Yep, I am in Fort Walton; usually do my OWS over at Navarre Beach or at Okaloosa Island, behind Anglers.  But up to you!

Anyone else care to join!?

2010-04-04 9:27 AM
in reply to: #2766999

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

tzcoaching - 2010-04-03 8:09 PM Monday afternoon should work.  What time and where?  Yep, I am in Fort Walton; usually do my OWS over at Navarre Beach or at Okaloosa Island, behind Anglers.  But up to you!

Anyone else care to join!?

I'm not up for an OWS right now, but I'm so glad to see some interest in triathlons in FWB.  BT has been wonderful for me over the past few years, but there's nothing like real people to train with and motivate you.  I'm recovering from microfracture knee surgery right now (5 weeks post op), but will keep my eyes open here.

2010-04-04 10:46 AM
in reply to: #2767371

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Hi Cheri!

Sorry to hear about the injury!  Training accident?  When do you expect to be back training? 

Let me know when your ready to start training! Like you said, nothing like going out with a group and getting it done.

Just moved to FWB late last year, and there's definetly interest in the sport in the area and some good organized rides.  Would like to see more organized OWS, running, transition clinics etc. in the area.  Keep your eyes and hears open, we'll see how the year looks!
2010-04-04 2:16 PM

User image

Fort Walton Beach
Hey. I am going to have to back out on swimming tomorrow. I shamefully admit to having too much wine last night.  I had to send my SO out on his own for the run this morning. Headache and nausea. I was hoping I'd feel up to it later, but think I will have to do it after work tomorrow. Training for GCT, so I can't afford to miss one.  There were a few groups doing swims last year. Just a few people here and there. Nothing as organized as the Pensacola folks do.  Next week?
2010-04-14 9:21 AM

User image

Fort Walton Beach
Subject: FWB ow swim
A few of us are meeting at Garnier after work Friday. No one is a terribly fast swimmer but everyone is proficient.  No boat support planned.
2010-04-14 10:41 AM
in reply to: #2790753

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Subject: RE: FWB ow swim
No boat support, I'm out! )  JK! 

Wish I could join you guys, I'm out of town for the next couple of weeks!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fort Walton Beach Transition Clinic - Bold Eagle Tri Rss Feed