Age Group Rank = 0/
Event warmup:

Ha. Good one.
Run
  • 5h 00m 56s
  • 26.2 miles
  • 11m 29s  min/mile
Comments:

Ran the best race I could. Didn't meet my goal of 4:59:59 but can't think of a place I could have shaved a minute from my time. Maybe run the tangents a bit better as garmi put me at 26.44 but I tried to do that as much as possible. Went through the 1/2 a few minutes ahead of pace but couldn't maintain. A 6 minute positive split is pretty awesome for me though considering last year it was something like +30 minutes on the back half. Ate and drank according to schedule. Temps were perfect. Crowds were awesome. Enjoyed myself immensely. Just couldn't pull it off. Two seconds a mile. Two stupid seconds. Oh well :)
Post race
Warm down:

Walked another 12 miles to the meeting spot. Ok, maybe not 12, but it felt like forever. Probably a full mile to the family meeting spot and I just wanted to sit down. By the time I got to the meeting spot, I was fine and ready to go longer. Both arches were hurting quite a bit. Had to walk on tip toes or I could hardly move.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Running form? That's what I'm going with today. Maybe one day I'll be able to run fast.

Event comments:

Love this race. Will be volunteering next year since IMMOO is only 1 month before allowing for too little recovery time. But I will be back. And I will finish with a 4 in the front of my time. One day....

Last updated: 2009-06-14 12:00 AM
Running
05:00:56 | 26.2 miles | 11m 29s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4