General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Rock the Parkway - Kansas City, MO Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-04-05 8:55 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe
Subject: Rock the Parkway - Kansas City, MO

Anyone out there run the Rock the Parkway in Kansas City, MO?

Any opinions on how the race went besides the cold and rain?  Did you like it?  Would you do it next year?

Ryan
http://falkeetriathlon.blogspot.com/

2010-04-14 10:03 PM
in reply to: #2768444

Kansas City near Liberty
Subject: RE: Rock the Parkway - Kansas City, MO
I Rocked the Parkway in my 1st 10K and thought it was a really great race. I couldn't believe that this was the 1st year of the race. It was really professionally put on and I was even able to switch the length I ran at the last minute.. literally like 15 minutes before the start. 
The course was great and tons of people were cheering from their front porches and doors along the route. 
I thought the email I received that same day with all of my race stats was awesome. My official time and standing overall as well as in my category. The website was also updated within a couple of days with results and tons of awesome pics.
The only negative was the parking. EVERYONE was trying to get into one parking lot and things were backed-up for miles. I finally realized that I could just park someone on Ward Parkway! 

I'm all about doing the race next year!!

Dana 
2010-04-20 9:02 AM
in reply to: #2792965

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe
Glad you enjoyed it!  My company was one of the sponsors so it's nice to hear people had a good experience!
2010-05-11 4:01 PM

User image

Regular
I agree.. I thought it was ran very well and the course was good.. I loved the downhill finish (-; It was a decent course though.. Dont have any complaints other than the weather but really that made me run faster because it was wet and cold.
2010-06-29 8:12 PM

User image

New user

My family ran this race and really enjoyed it, despite the nasty weather. Our only complaint was that it was my sister-in-law's first race, and she somehow managed to dodge every photographer at the race, and ended up with no photo for her first event. It hooked her on running, though, so there will be many more in the future! Thanks for sponsoring a great race!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Rock the Parkway - Kansas City, MO Rss Feed