BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Eliwashere's spring fling mentor group!-Full Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 25

2010-11-29 7:02 PM
in reply to: #2772633

User image

South Florida
Subject: RE: Eliwashere's spring fling mentor group!-Full
Eli, YOU are an IRONMAN! Can't wait to hear about it!

Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day. Been off  for the last 10 days for some vacation and getting back to work tomorrow. Not thrilled. On the plus side I return to working out and training for a half marathon i'm running at the end of January.

Anyone have anything planned soon?

2010-11-30 1:52 PM

User image

NH
Good luck in the HM Nick.  I have absolutely nothing on the calendar, so I'm just training at this point.

I'm still trying to get to the bottom of my hip pain.  The sports guy  I saw today thinks it might be a sports hernia (terrible name for it since it's really just a tear) but the only way to really diagnose it seems to be to rule out everything else.  Since it's only an annoyance and hasn't seemed to get worse for over a year, he thinks if it is a tear it's very slight and probably not worthy of surgery unless I want to do it. 

He also wants me to see another doc who really specializes in sports hernias and sees the Boston pro sports teams athletes who are suspected of having this injury.  Seems like a lot of fire power for a 48 year old MOP triathlete, but I'll go see him if I can get a slot!
2010-12-03 10:30 AM

User image

Master
Wheeeeeeee,
I AM AN IRONMAN!!! I can't believe it. It still makes me smile.

We had a great time. We stayed at the Palace, a hotel right downtown.
The day was perfect as far as I was concerned. I did just what I wanted, and made it the whole way with a smile on my face (well, almost).
My goal was to swim and ride as per my plan, and then see what I had left on the run. I guess, by the time the run came around, I was feeling the heat a little.
I will give more details in the race report, which I am hoping to finish today.
Thanks to you all for the motivation! 
2010-12-03 11:15 AM

User image

Master
Hey All,
Here is my race report.
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=235432

I had a great race, and it was a thrill. I could have done a little better on my nutrition, and some of my run training, but just about everything went well for me.

Now...time to rest, let my achilles heal and think about next year, and next IM distance.
I am looking toward doing Savage Man half IM and some local races next year. Maybe I will try for the half-max half distance again. 
2010-12-09 2:06 PM

User image

NH
Thanks Eli, that race seems like an awesome venue.  Are you really doing Savageman?  That's on my list of tris to do at some point, looks brutal.
2010-12-16 10:33 AM

User image

Master
Hey All,
Sorry for my absence! I have been resting, eating and baking up a storm.
Just started running again, feeling good, but need to baby my achilles for a while. It is getting better, but it needs more rest.
I have been researching diets, looking for something to inspire me that will help with the last few pounds (10-15). My diet is OK, but I need to watch the processed foods. The big problem...I LOVE to bake. I think I will combine baking with running. Focus on eating the baked goods only after a long run or on a cheat day.

My next even is the Goofy Challenge at Disney. Our 3rd year. I am worried, as this is first time we haven't done a lot of training. I find I am less and less interested in a race "just to finish" if it is something that I have done before.
Hope you are all well in the off season. I am trying NOT to sign up for anything until I am healed.

Then again, I REALLY want to get a brick at savageman. 

2010-12-20 10:58 AM

User image

Master
Back on the RUN!!!

Last week I managed three runs and even did a run Sat and Sunday.
Feeling good, but the achilles is still sore. I need to keep up some mileage to get ready for Goofy, but I think that January and February will be no run months for me  
2010-12-22 7:53 AM

User image

Veteran
Syracuse, NY
Hey Everybody.  I posted this in the general forum as well but wanted to get your take.

BTW Warren I appreciate you taking time to provide feedback on my logs.  Really appreciate it.

My Logs are up to date.  I have been following a modified Maintenance Plan with swim volume reduced as I couldn't see my self making it to pool as much as required so I used the lower volume swim plan.  I have been pretty consistent hitting the targets.

Last week I got hit by a cold that earlier this week I found out was actually Pneumonia.  As a result I have not burned a calorie Swimming, biking or running since last Tuesday.  I probably have a couple days left before I will be able to start up again (Feeling much better today).  Last week happened to be a recovery week, but this one was a solid build week.  I am wondering if I should just move back the plan a couple of weeks and start where I left out or go into the plan where I would have been if I didn't get sick.  This is my first winter training and the runs I have put in the past couple of weekends are my longest ever.  I am leaning towards going back a bit allowing the easier week to give me a chance to fully get over this, but don't want to waste training days.

I am trying to build so I can either start up the 1/2 Beginner plan or Custom Beginner Plan in February for a HIM in July.

This break while frustrating has given my tight calf a chance to rest and the shin pain that has come with it.
2010-12-22 12:58 PM
in reply to: #3257216

User image

NH
chmoore2 - 2010-12-22 8:53 AM
My Logs are up to date.  I have been following a modified Maintenance Plan with swim volume reduced as I couldn't see my self making it to pool as much as required so I used the lower volume swim plan.  I have been pretty consistent hitting the targets.

Last week I got hit by a cold that earlier this week I found out was actually Pneumonia.  I am wondering if I should just move back the plan a couple of weeks and start where I left out or go into the plan where I would have been if I didn't get sick.

Charlie, Sometimes a full rest is a great thing.  I wouldn't skip ahead in the plan when you start back.  In fact, sometimes it makes sense to back up and redo a week to get back near previous levels.  You won't lose a lot with just a week or two off, so it's probably fine to pick it up, but if the workouts seem much harder than when you left you may want to go back a week.  There will be plenty of time to get the heavy HIM training in later.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Eliwashere's spring fling mentor group!-Full Rss Feed  

of 25