Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 103

2012-05-22 8:37 AM
in reply to: #2776397

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Subject: RE: chichitao's group - FULL!

Been laying low lately for various reasons.  Spur of the moment last Monday I decided to run at the gym.  Basically the stairmasters were all occupied and I can't stand the eliptical.  My Achilles was good for most of Tuesday but was sore at night and better the next day.  I had planned on running later in the week but it never happened.  I did not have time to do cardio after lifiting yesterday because Joe had a tball game and I don't want to miss them.  I ran again last night at home then.  I am hoping to run enough to be able to do a few sprint tris this year.  We will see what happens.

What is everyone up to?

2012-05-22 10:38 AM
in reply to: #4222371

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Mrschach - 2012-05-22 8:37 AM

Been laying low lately for various reasons.  Spur of the moment last Monday I decided to run at the gym.  Basically the stairmasters were all occupied and I can't stand the eliptical.  My Achilles was good for most of Tuesday but was sore at night and better the next day.  I had planned on running later in the week but it never happened.  I did not have time to do cardio after lifiting yesterday because Joe had a tball game and I don't want to miss them.  I ran again last night at home then.  I am hoping to run enough to be able to do a few sprint tris this year.  We will see what happens.

What is everyone up to?

That is good news that your achilles is behaving.  Did you end up doing anything for it other than rest? 

I've just been doing a lot of riding lately.  Got in about 80mi this weekend and have another ride today.  Tomorrow will be my first run since my HIM.  I am dreading it b/c the pain during the HIM has messed with my head.  But I just need to get back out and start running again.  I am signed up for a sprint in June, an in-between sprint/oly in July, and then the nationals oly in Aug. 

2012-05-22 11:03 AM
in reply to: #4222371

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Great news about the Achilles, keeping my fingers crossed that running will become common place in your workout routine again!

I have my HIM in 2 weeks now...eek! and a 10K run the following week with my daughter.  Then nothing is scheduled till the end of September when I head down to Bellingham to run a half marathon with about 16 other people from my running group, it will be more about fun than about PBs.  I would like to fit in a couple of tri's over the summer and have my eye on a couple, but waiting to register for anything until after the HIM.

T1, love the Tri joke, I would think a talking frog would be cool too!

Mrschach - 2012-05-22 6:37 AM

What is everyone up to?

2012-05-22 6:21 PM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
I just stopped running, that is all.  As you know, I remained active still but dropped the running.  I know I will never run like I was because I know I shouldn't.
2012-05-27 12:19 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Sandra, how was the OWS clinic?
2012-05-28 9:26 AM
in reply to: #4231177

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

chichitao - 2012-05-27 10:19 AM Sandra, how was the OWS clinic?

It was great Tim,  I'll fill you in on all the details when I have a bit of time, but here are some O/W tips he has posted online:  http://seahiker.com/vancouver%20swimming%20lessons%20and%20coaching 

I am now waiting on the email from him containing the video of my swimming and the specific tips he has for me to improve my swim.

2012-05-29 8:34 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
I am so exciting for you Sandra, the race is Sunday!!  Are you staying at a hotel/place close by the race?  You start packing yet?
2012-06-02 8:16 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey
Good luck Sandra!!!  I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear about it.
2012-06-06 10:08 AM
in reply to: #4240541

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Just wanted to write a quick note to let you know that all is good, I had a good day at the race, with a couple of glitches along the way, but overall I am very happy with how I did.  I have learned many things during both the training and on race day and know where I can make some improvements.  I'll hopefully get around to making a full race report on the weekend.

Thanks so much for all your support, I thought about you all during the race!

2012-06-07 9:05 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
I knew you would do great.  Can't wait to hear all about it!
2012-06-15 1:59 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
Sandra, I apologize for being such a bad supporter! I wish I had remembered your race, but I'm glad to see things went relatively well! I will have to read the race report, but not until after the Bar Exam.And that's why I've been MIA! Most of you have seen some updates on facebook, but I'm not even on that much now. We made it to Portland fine, moved into our apartment (which I LOVE), and I started studying immediately. I've been studying pretty much all day, every day. I haven't told anybody but Ryan this, but I'm actually seriously afraid of not passing. The stats on an exam like this are terrible. About 1 in 3 people at the exam fail overall and about 1 in 4 new takers fail (ones who haven't taken it before). It's truly terrifying. It means it's relatively easy to fail if you have a bad day. I've been taking tons of practice essays and multiple choice tests, some of which I do okay on, and others I fail on. It's minimum competency though,so I only need above 50% to pass, but some of my multiple choice tests are below that 50% (they're SO hard!). I take it July 24-25, so I still have some time, but it's still overwhelming. In case you were wondering (I know you were), the exam is 2 days, about 6-7 hours per day. The first day consists of 6 short essays (35 minutes each, each worth 5% of my overall grade) and 2 long essays (90 minutes each, each worth 10% of my overall grade). The second day is 200 multiple choice questions (worth 50% of my grade), with 3 hours for each set of 100 questions. There are 18 total subjects tested, so there is a lot of material to remember.So, thanks for letting me throw my little pity party today and letting me vent! I think Ryan's sick of it by now! I will be a better supporter for everybody once this thing is done, I promise!

2012-06-16 6:14 PM
in reply to: #4263841

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Don't sweat it even a little Erica, I know from Facebook, how crazy your life has been with graduating, moving across the country and studying, your brain must be mush.  I will keep my fingers crossed for you on the bar exam and that you beat the odds and pass on our first go! 

How is your knee doing these days?

2012-06-18 6:50 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Wow Erica, you really have you hands full and don't envy you at all!   But in what little time I've known you, you've been nothing but drive and determination and nothing has stood in your way that you weren't able to accomplish.  So I know you'll put your all into this as well.  Study hard, but don't forget to relax and take some breaks and enjoy your new state!

I too have been trying to keep up with everyone on facebook, still trying to figure it all out!

Waiting to hear about your race Sandra!

I had a quick sprint tri yesterday that went pretty well.  Waiting for the official results to be posted before I do my race report.

Hope everyone is doing well.

2012-06-18 9:49 AM
in reply to: #4266419

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Sorry Tim, life has just been crazy and when I have had a few moments to sit back and relax, I've done just that.  I will get to all the details of the race, hopefully sometime this week, unless some other crazy time sensitive project lands on my desk...ugh. 

I just got rubber armed into a sprint in July, it is a pool swim, which I really hate, but couldn't say no to a friend who wanted support. It will be a fun day:-)

Is the back holding up okay Tim?

2012-06-18 11:07 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Don't you realize that race reports are more important than life itself!

I had no issues with the back at all.  Was fine before, during, and after.  I am pretty excited.  Go back for a 3rd time this Fri just to make sure we got it all cleaned up.  Will continue to do some of the foam rolling and core exercises he has me doing.

my race report

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » chichitao's group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 103