Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
United States
http://ultrasportsllc.com/
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 17/21
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Wake up and try to get our sorry butts organized. Nothing like pulling a relay team together at the last minute!
Had a nice peanut butter and banana and cracker breakfast and an OK cup of coffee.
Event warmup:

Run back and forth between the Hotel and Starting line trying to figure out if my wife or myself would run the first 7 miles!
We weren't very organized at first. Luckily, my wife is a rock star and ran the WHOLE first loop. Most teams changed out.
Run
  • 00m
  • 0 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

This was a great relay. Easy to follow directions, decent running path except for a few hairy miles, and a great and friendly group.
What would you do differently?:

get the team organized earlier and maybe rent a van so there was more room.
Post race
Warm down:

I ran the last leg. I think the other two teams that were near us traded out like 4 runners on that last bit.
The whole team met me near the finish, including my 7 year old daughter, and we crossed the line together.
Then, as I panted, we sang "Happy BirthDay" to my wife. It was great.
Then, we limped to the awards ceremony and had a few beers!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Training

Event comments:

This was a great race. I hear they might have an individual 50 and 100 K next year. Hoping to do it again!

Last updated: 2010-04-02 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 00 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/21
Performance: Good
Course: Hard to put in the details. We, as a team, had an AWESOME time. We fit 4 people and my daughter in my Honda CRV for the whole time. Actually, my daughter took a few hours off. It was interesting trying to tell the babysitter where to pick us up. "Drive North on A1A and call me when you get past hillsboro. I will tell you where we are then" Everyone ran great. As the day wore on, we shortened the legs from 5 to 4 to 3 miles and sometimes less. It was a lot of fun, and everyone was relaxed and friendly. We did leave one runner out on the road for a while, as it took a while to get a starbucks refill at one of the legs. Luckily, it was our strongest runner, so it worked out.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?