Pacesetters of Fox Cities
45F / 7C
Sunny
Total Time = 36m 56s
Overall Rank = 511/736
Age Group = F 20-24
Age Group Rank = 17/27
Pre-race routine:

Got up around 6ish... I really didn't want to get out of bed so I hit the snooze as many times as I could. With it being a 5K, I didn't have any breakfast and I didn't really do any race prep. Got in the car and drove down to the race.
Event warmup:

The warm-up was walking through the stadium and then walking out to the start line... Great I know! :)
Run
  • 36m 56s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 11m 53s  min/mile
Comments:

Dad and I started out with the 700 of our closest friends and ran solid for the first 8 minutes. We were towards the end of the trails behind the school we took a walking break and I took off the extra layer I had on so I was more comfortable. Our pace for the first mile was fast! We kept at the 3 minutes run/ 2 minutes walk... stopped for the water stop and realized that we were still way ahead of what I had thought. We slowed it down a bit more, walked the peds walkway and then ran in the rest of the way, arond the warning track. Ran through mud and finished up strong crossing the line with my dad with my mom talking pictures the whole time.
What would you do differently?:

Not much... good race considering my legs were a little tired and a little sore.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked and collected my finisher's medal and ticket for a free baseball game. We met up with Mom and had more pictures and then walked over and hit the buffet and had a nice breakfast watching the kids race.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My lack of running training this year, but after 8 miles yesterday I am very happy with what happened today... good sign of things to come??? We will see :)

Event comments:

There were only two problems with the race... one we could not hear the National Anthem until about half way through and that allowed the people to talk for too long, but it wasn't there fault. The second problem was a lack of bananas at the finish!! No bananas... booo :( But otherwise this is a wonderful race. The Pacesetters put on another in August called the Cheesehead... it is a 5K and half marathon... might do that one too!

Last updated: 2009-10-11 12:00 AM
Running
00:36:56 | 03.11 miles | 11m 53s  min/mile
Age Group: 17/27
Overall: 511/736
Performance: Good
Course: Starts in the parking lot of Fox Cities Stadium and then runs back behind the field over the highway on the peds walkway, runs through the trails behind FVTC and then around the building. Has a water stop out from of the building and then back around on the trails, back over the peds walkway and in the back entrance around the warning track in outfield and finishes up along the first base line at guess where... home!
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes