Moline, Illinois
United States
Friends of Off-Road Cycling
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

2 oatmeals with almond topping, bananna, hard boiled egg.
whole wheat bagel with peanut butter 2 hours before race
cliff bar 45 minutes before race
20 oz gatorade 15 minutes before race
Event warmup:

high cadence pedalling for 15 minutes before race bring hr no higher than 150bpm
Bike
  • 49h 00m
  • 8 miles
  • 0.16 mile/hr
Comments:

Today was an INCREDIBLE DAY for racing in Moline Illinois! It was partly sunny and 66 degrees for a high. Cat 3 went off at 10am. I started about mid pack and immediately put some passes down in the double track before we took a turn into the single track. Unfortunately, that's where I ran into a bit of bad luck. Somebody caused a pile up on the first hill in the single track causing about 50-60 riders behind them to bottleneck. Those lucky enough to be in front of the crash were able to escape untouched for the rest of the race. That really urked me because a guy I went trail riding with last week and waited for all day to catch up with me was able to beat my by 2 minutes becuase of this and 2 other incidents I had. After the bottle neck I started putting down some passes. Until, one of the guys I was about to pass couldn't make it up the hill. He jumped off his bike and blocked me. I couldn't get out of my clips and fell over. Got back up and caught him again. Repeat!!!, (seriously) he did it again. This time I got out of the clips but ended up kicking my chain of the sprocket. I had to stop and get the chain back on, but I caught him again and put the pass down along with several others.

With all the bad luck (but hey, that's racin') I still ended up pulling off 29th place over all and 13th in my age group. I felt good about my performance and really felt good about how I road in the technical portions of the track ( a big weakness of mine)

What would you do differently?:

start up front more
take less water in camelback
Post race
Warm down:

light pedal for 5 minutes

Last updated: 2010-04-09 12:00 AM
Biking
49:00:00 | 08 miles | 0.16 mile/hr
Age Group: 13/
Overall: 29/
Performance: Good
started timer 10 minutes before race avg hr 159 max hr 173 avg cadence 82 max cadence 158
Wind:
Course: technical but flat, rocky
Road:   Cadence: 82
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes