Peapack, New Jersey
United States
45F / 7C
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Got to sleep in, make pancakes w/ the family.
Bike
  • 2h 22m
  • 37.7 miles
  • 15.93 mile/hr
Comments:

This was fund raiser for a school for disabled children - great cause, this year not so wonderfully organized. Start time came and went (I think) without much commotion so we kinda just left with a few others. First aid station was about 22 miles into what was supposed to be 32 mile ride. I was freezing b4 the ride, had on s.s. wicking shirt, long sleeved running shirt and my IM jacket - was sweating and dripping wet 1/2 way thru ride. Oh well. Roads were basically well marked, one road was being repaved so we took a 4 mile detour w/ some other folks and hopped back on the course later. There was zero flat road this whole course - and some good wind gusts too. Tough, but fun. Glad I got to ride w/ Mike :) :) :)
What would you do differently?:

One less layer, more time on the trainer this winter
Post race

Last updated: 2010-03-23 12:00 AM
Biking
02:22:00 | 37.7 miles | 15.93 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Wind: Some with gusts
Course: Beautiful hilly loop around Peapack out towards Solburg Airport
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2010-04-18 7:12 PM

User image

Master
NJ
Subject: Miles for Matheny

2010-04-18 10:27 PM
in reply to: #2800030

User image

Champion
Calgary
Subject: RE: Miles for Matheny
Good job.
2010-04-19 7:52 AM
in reply to: #2800030

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Miles for Matheny
Great job Kristin!!  Yeah, hills were the order of the day!   I rode the chipped up road....lots of fun, and speed suffered a teensy bit.     Best part is they shaved off the direction arrows, but luckily I had ridden part of the course last week and knew where the turns were.  You were sweating?....I was trying to remember my cold weather injury training from the military....  Fingers and toes were not in good shape, but it all ended well.  I agree with you on the organization....same deal with the 50 mile ride....everyone just kind of took off on their own.  I'm guessing with the lack of police at the first couple of major intersections, the organizers kind of like it that way.  Can you imagine what the line at 206 would look like, with that stop only about 2-3 miles into the ride?
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Miles for Matheny Rss Feed