Running Fit
50F / 10C
Precipitation
Total Time = 57m 55s
Overall Rank = 30/48
Age Group = 30-34 Athena
Age Group Rank = 3/7
Pre-race routine:

Trying to shake off the sleep after staying up for another west-coast playoff game...but it was well worth it! Had a bowl of rice krispies pre-race. Once there, I was having trouble finding my number on the list to get my packet, so we went over to the tent to ask (I was prepared because I still had the registration confirmation email on my blackberry). The nice young girl, bless her heart, says "umm...don't take this the wrong way, but do you weigh more than 150lbs?". Apparently I was signed up for the Athena/Clydsdale division...which explains why I couldn't find my number! But seriously, I never check that box when I register. I'm still standing by that. My guess is they saw my time from last years race and figured I needed all the help I could get. HA!
Event warmup:

Stretched, huddled under the tent to keep dry and laughed at the guy in blue spandex doing NFL style calisthenics in the parking lot.
Run
  • 57m 55s
  • 5 miles
  • 11m 35s  min/mile
Comments:

I felt very good. I took a quick walk break at the aid station around mile 2.5 and then again when I hit that MONSTER of a hill that went on for what seems like miles (in reality, probably a half of a mile). I felt good the whole way. I really enjoy this run and race. The 5 miles seemed to fly by.
What would you do differently?:

I was angry with myself after stopping at the aid station for a quick walk because a HUGE group of people passed me by. I'd held them off for half the race (not realizing how many people were that close behind me) and then just let them go by. Although I'd developed a cramp in my side at that point, which walking helped to relieve, I should have fought through it and kept on trucking.
Post race
Warm down:

Stretching, chatting with some work friends that also ran.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I'm slowly but steadily improving. Today was a good race.

Event comments:

This is an ass-kicker of a trail race, but I love it. Can't wait for next year.

Last updated: 2010-01-24 12:00 AM
Running
00:57:55 | 05 miles | 11m 35s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/7
Overall: 30/48
Performance: Good
Course: HILLY and SANDY. This is on bad ass trail race.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes