Carrolton, Georgia
United States
Tri the Parks Triathlon Race Series
Total Time = 1h 08m 1s
Overall Rank = 9 f/128 f
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 2/18
Pre-race routine:

Time between IM NO and this race.... 6 days. During that time I did three swims, albeit short, two runs, and 2 bike rides, one of which was literally a few times around the block. After last weekends troubles which involved a really long flat, I was hoping to have no extraneous issues in this race. I knew that I wouldn't be fully recovered to turn in a top performance but I was still hoping to improve a lot from the same race last year, which was first tri.
Event warmup:

Nothing. I had lots of burning in my legs from walking up stairs etc the whole week so I didn't want to psych myself out by getting totally winded when running a mile or so.
Swim
  • 11m 17s
  • 656 yards
  • 01m 43s / 100 yards
Comments:

Not bad in a lot of ways. Last year my swim was terrible. It was my first group ows and it was a shock. This year I felt like I was a lot more comfortable and my goal was not to let the good swimmer chicks, of which there were several, get too far in front of me.

I need to get faster in the water but I certainly must say I have gotten more confident in the water.

I still feel like my form becomes crap when I ows but it was better and faster. Last year, 12:45 so that is like a 1:30 improvement. 30th last year 17th this year (among women)
Transition 1
  • 01m 40s
Comments:

Was crap.. low hanging fruit ...gotta clean this up. Nothing like last year though. I lost my bike last year and lost a few minutes!!
Bike
  • 33m 20s
  • 11.2 miles
  • 20.16 mile/hr
Comments:

This is where I felt the effects of last weeks race. That combined w/the wet roads made it slower than I would have liked. The bike is coming around slowly for me, the 1 min from this race compared to last years doesn't do justice to how much it has. Hopefully will get the chance to do a race fresh without flatting soon to get an accurate gauge of where I'm at. Last year was a minute ish slower and I was 27th last year and 14th this year
Transition 2
  • 01m 20s
Run
  • 20m 19s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 06m 33s  min/mile
Comments:

Same story as the bike here. I was dying on the hills and felt deap seated fatigue. I knew there were a bunch of girls ahead of me at this point so I was hoping to run some down. I couldn't get the speed going that I normally would. I was okay on the flats but going up hills I could have walked faster than I was running. I was literally gasping for air.

I knew that I wasn't going to turn in any sort of peak run time but I really wanted to beat my run time from last year. In the end I beat my time from last year by like 13 seconds. Overall almost four minute improvement from last year.
Post race
Warm down:

Hung out with the club members and cheered everyone on. Was so happy that the race actually happened!!! Things weren't looking promising for awhile. In all we had 42 club members participate many of whom it was their first tri. Very fun time! Also a shoutout to my hub who beat me soundly by like 1:42 (but who's counting?)

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not enough recovery from New Orleans 6 days ago. I did two days of running and some other things under the guise of recovery. In retrospect I did too much and really prolonged my recovery.

Event comments:

Fun race especially with so many friends participating. A good way to gauge progress year to year, I think.

Last updated: 2010-04-25 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:11:17 | 656 yards | 01m 43s / 100yards
Age Group: 2/18
Overall: 17/128 f
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Below average
Waves: Average Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:40
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:33:20 | 11.2 miles | 20.16 mile/hr
Age Group: 3/18
Overall: 14/128 f
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:20
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:20:19 | 03.1 miles | 06m 33s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/18
Overall: 2/128 f
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2010-04-25 7:19 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: John Tanner Sprint

2010-04-25 9:23 PM
in reply to: #2815590

User image

Master
Atlanta, GA
Subject: RE: John Tanner Sprint

"deep seated fatigue" got you at :20...ugh.  I am simply not worthy.  Nice race and incredible effort given the hard HIM last weekend.  Got get 'em at GC.

2010-04-26 10:02 AM
in reply to: #2815866

User image

Extreme Veteran

Hey, I am totally amazed at your swim speed on your Worst day! You need to come to the group swims and give me some tips!!!

2010-04-26 10:17 AM

User image

Master
Alpharetta, GA
Solid overall race, and very impressive preformace six days removed from NO70.3. Great job!
2010-04-26 11:48 AM

User image

Smyrna
Great race w/ so little recovery from NOLA!  I think you'll be ready to debut your new bike speed at Gulf Coast.  I'm looking forward to another sound beating there...just let me win a sprint here or there to maintain a little dignity!
2010-04-26 5:20 PM

User image

Elite
Whispering Pines, North Carolina
you, my dear, are super fast! 2AG and 9OA! Nice!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » John Tanner Sprint Rss Feed