• 00m
Comments:

No T1 with swim being canceled
Bike
  • 1h 19m 43s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 18.70 mile/hr
Comments:

Mount up was smooth with no problems clipping in . Stayed single file in the turns out the way out of the park. Once I got to the seawall I picked up pace and began passing. Wind out the way out was from my righ and back and only took one drink on the way out. After the turn around the wind was almost a direct headwind. Pushed harder to maintain, but could only keep it in the 16-17mph range. Took gel and water at mile 18ish with ease. Had a couple people give me some good words as they passed in the last few miles, including and buddy from college (not sure if i just looked that slow or if they were just really nice guys).

Dismount was new for me. I tried taking shoes off and riding with feet on top of shoes for last 100meters or so. Went really smooth. No problems reaching shoes or getting feet back into place for pedaling. Dismount was fast and smooth. Nice little time saver, I will do that for now on.

Stayed on aero bars for 95% of the ride. Only time out of aero was to adjust saddle position and take nutrition. That's an improvement for me.

Saddle still sucks and continues to cause trouble. Pain seemed to be more than normal for that distance.

Overall, very happy with ride.
What would you do differently?:

Train more, get diff saddle.

Drink more water. I think I didn't drink enough and might be part of the reason i dried up on the run.
Transition 2
  • 01m 49s
Comments:

Happy with Transition, mostly. Decided to eat some additional shot blocs after putting on shoes. Took some water also and had to wait to leave T2 until i had enough water to help get the blocs down.

Next time take shot blocs first, then put on shoes and other stuff. Or, put shot blocs in pocket and eat at first water station.
Run
  • 1h 03m 1s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 10m 09s  min/mile
Comments:

Disappointed with run. Still can't put my finger on one cause. Started off ok for first 2miles, then just started suffering. Right quad started cramping, and started getting really hot. My respiration felt good, didn't feel that out of breath, but my body just couldn't keep up. I had to walk several times for 30seconds or so to ease the strain in my legs. Had to make a pee stop at about mile 4. Felt the urge before getting on the bike but thought i could hold it. Turns out I couldn't. Partly mental i'm sure b/c i couldn't stop thinking about it in the run. took water at two places in the first loop, and at every stop on the last loop. usually two cups, one to drink, and one on my head.

I felt like I was prepared for the run and I don't think I went too hard on the bike. Could be the heat, hydration, the general fatigue i felt all week, or just mental deamons.

Wish I would have run the race like i was in training. was shooting for 9:00m miles.

lots
Post race
Warm down:

lots of water, two bananas, sat in shade to cool off. little dizzy at points and just relaxed and stretched.

Event comments:

Great race even though the swim was canceled. Can't wait to do it again next year.

Last updated: 2010-04-26 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:00:00 | 1500 meters | / 100meters
Age Group: 0/74
Overall: 0/748
Performance:
Suit:
Course: Swim canceled due to weather
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:19:43 | 24.85 miles | 18.70 mile/hr
Age Group: 44/74
Overall: 404/748
Performance: Good
Wind: Strong
Course: Time Trail start with 3 seconds between riders. Out and back down 3005 from Moody Garden to about 2miles past Jamiaca Beach. Flat with new blacktop on most of the trip out. Flat and mixed surface on the way back in, with some portions being pretty rough.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 90
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:49
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
01:03:01 | 06.21 miles | 10m 09s  min/mile
Age Group: 59/74
Overall: 551/748
Performance: Bad
Course: 2 loop course with a lot of turns. Some elevation changes.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2010-04-26 1:00 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
The Woodlands/Magnolia, TX.
Subject: Lone Star Triathlon Festival

2010-04-26 1:08 PM
in reply to: #2817284

User image

New user
Subject: RE: Lone Star Triathlon Festival
still a great job with the conditions.  How did you find your overall ranking?
2010-04-26 2:43 PM
in reply to: #2817284

User image

Tyler,
Subject: RE: Lone Star Triathlon Festival
http://www.ironmanusa.com/results/lso2010res.html great job anthony, the harder you push on the bike, the harder it is going to be on the run, believe me I know lol. 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Lone Star Triathlon Festival Rss Feed