EndorFUN Sports
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 56m 27s
Overall Rank = 77/748
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 13/97
Pre-race routine:

Goals on 24 Mar A goal 2:24:00 26:00(1:44) swim, 2 min T1, 1:09 21.55mph Bike, 1 min T2, 46:00 7:25m Run Top 1/3 of AG Qual for Nat Championship
B Goal 2:27 27 Swim, 1:10 Bike, 47 Run

Ok so i missed the bike and T2 (slightly on both) but with the conditions and transition size they were both ok. the run was another story and another PR!

Carb loaded day prior. Bagel, eggs and sausage. 3 bottles gatoraid all day. Turkey sandwich and 8 or so cookies with lots of pretzles. Dinner was heavy pasta. Popcorn browniesWoke at 430 for applesauce, protine powder bananna and gatoraid. Bet till 6 then up coffee, 1/2 power bar pack up and get a ride to the site. Into Transition by 710 for an 815 closure ate a jel 10 min before start
Event warmup:

68/493 males

Went for a jog with Jose and waited to see how the race would end up going.
Swim
  • 00m
  • 0 meters
  • / 100 meters
Comments:

Swim was cnx'd due to unsafe conditions. Wanted to get a salt water swim in but am happy they said no!
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

NA T1 was really a TT start. Ran with the bike till the bike in front of me started moving away. Then I did a step over mount. Had a lot of trouble getting my lt foot into the shoe and then getting up to speed. Didn't think thru how this would work since it was a strange start.
What would you do differently?:

band up the shoes just like a normal event and have the "platforms" (shoes) ready for the entry
Bike
  • 1h 10m 29s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 21.15 mile/hr
Comments:

93/493 Males riding Bills Zipp 404s nice wheeles but would prefer clinchers for security.
Great bike for the conditions. Once i got the feet in and up to speed it was awesome. I put my head down and decided to make Jose work to catch me. Silly thought since I would never know if he was going faster or slower until the end. Had fun passing 75+ bikers and being passed 12 or so times. Started perpetium bottla at about mile 5 and finished it by mile 21. Yelled at a guy for drafting and had 2 epic failures trying to get a bottle hand-up. Next time I'll slow down, bottles bounce out of the hand at 22MPH (DUHHHH)the ride back into the wind became fairly brutal. First the sitbones, then the seam in the inner theigh then the hammies said are we done yet. Slowed the pace in the last 2 miles due to the sitbones and hammies. On a positive note i was aero for 90%+ of teh ride

More training in the new saddle so the sitbones stop complaining. May need to rethink the seam in the suit.
Transition 2
  • 01m 21s
Comments:

Prepped the dismount with the bottle on the down tube vice behind the seat. Hammies were killing so I wanted to make it a basic dismount. Stepped off going a little too fast at the line and the bike jumped. Got it under control and jogged the entry to my row/spot. Good but slightly slow rack (tight spaces and reverse seat hang)( back wheel first). helmet to the ground rt sock/shoe lt sock shoe grabbed visor bottle and out the door. I thought it was faster than 1:21 (felt like 55 sec) but ok based on the size of transition

Rack the bike bar first and get things moving a little faster, don't wipe the feet!
Run
  • 44m 38s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 07m 11s  min/mile
Comments:

72/493 males
Another PR in a Oly tri run. Started out sub 7:30 and kept pushing the pace. Carried a bottle of light gatoraid and finished it a little after the first lap. Should have downed it earlier and gotten more fluid at the water stopps. tried to dump a cup on my head to stay cool at every aid station and then get a little drink as well. Kept looking for Jose, silly. Need to think about the clock not individuals. Had a good opportunity to encourage some slower sprint walkers. Good to see them out on the course. With just under a mile to go I started pushing the pace. In hind sight I needed to do that outside a mile remaining. Had a little left in the tank (not much) and could have shaved another 10 sec (2 overall positions) or so.

Drink a little faster once i started and get a cup on the head earlier to cool off. Fingure out why you get blisters on the first toe of the right foot.........
Post race
Warm down:

Walked to find the family then went to sign up for massage and find a bathroom. Glad the distance wasn't longer, would have needed to stop for sure for a nature break.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Pushed a little hard on the front of the bike and had to take the last 2 miles easier. Didn't affect placing but just mentaly wasn't sure how the run was going to be.

Event comments:

Good race. For having to cnx the swim last minute and reorganize they did great job. Good call on the swim and TT bike start. Athlete check in was a mess and the volunteers needed more training. Need a better flow in the tent.

Last updated: 2010-01-01 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:00:00 | 00 meters | / 100meters
Age Group: 0/97
Overall: 0/748
Performance:
Suit:
Course: Cancelled
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
01:10:29 | 24.85 miles | 21.15 mile/hr
Age Group: 14/97
Overall: 107/748
Performance: Good
Max speed 29.8 on the way out!
Wind: Strong
Course: great seawall gulf coast out and back. Wind in the face on the way home!
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Average Hills:
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:21
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Average
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:44:38 | 06.21 miles | 07m 11s  min/mile
Age Group: 13/97
Overall: 86/748
Performance: Good
7:15, 7:29, 7:27, 7:32, 7:46, 7:09 on the Garmin total dist was lat
Course: Very strange spectator friendly course inside Moody Gardens More turns than should be legal. 2 laps of fun!
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes