UW Athletics
50F / 10C
Overcast
Total Time = 43m 24s
Overall Rank = 4757/20000
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Driven to Madison by Ms. Lara. Went to my pals house to pick up our packets that she so generously did for us. Had some chit chat and a belgian waffle with a bit-o-butter.
Event warmup:

Parked the car about a half mile away and walked to meet some of Lara's friends. We started near the back so we stood in line for about 40 minutes until we finally made it to the start line. High fives with numerous gargantuan Badgers.
Run
  • 43m 24s
  • 5.05 miles
  • 08m 35s  min/mile
Comments:

Had a great time running with Lara. Didn't do much chit chat so we could go sub 9's. Blew that goal out of the water. We kept looking at our Garmins and saying we should slow down, but we never did. Course was suppose to be a bit shorter but with all the weaving we did, we ended up going over 5 miles. Thought for sure the crowds would thin out, but they never did. Tried to cross the finish line with Lara but she couldn't hear me I guess.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing!! Had a great time.
Post race
Warm down:

Stood on the football field for a while and soaked it all in. Record crowd this year 20k participants....hmmmm, guess they made some money. Hiked it up the stadium steps to find the little girls room and stand in line for a free beer.....too many people. Headed over to State Street to meet Lara's friends at the Great Dane, but they headed to the other location. Oops. Enjoyed a very yummy bloody mary with my pal Lara and a scumpdilicious burger to boot from the Nitty Gritty. YUMMY.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

slight hold ups from walkers that don't know to move to the right.

Event comments:

One of these days it will be a nice Saturday for this race. Would like to be able to stay for the band and beers.

Last updated: 2010-03-24 12:00 AM
Running
00:43:24 | 05.05 miles | 08m 35s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/20000
Performance: Good
Course: Same as the last time I ran it...two years ago. Hill to Langdon, down Langdon, UP Observatory and then it was all downhill and flat...except for a little blurp on Breese.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes