Overcast
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

pre-night meal
pizza, pretzels
pre-race meal: i really felt like i had a lot of carbs in me so i was not hungry and i dont like to feel full before a race...i had a little bit of coffee and a 5 hour energy shot before the race.
Event warmup:

rode around a little
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 26.03 miles
  • 26.03 mile/hr
Comments:

this was my first real cycle race where people were actually taking it seriously...i learned a lot and i was very humbled by the experience. a couple key things i picked up on, the magnet on my spokes was hitting my sensor and making an incredibly annoying sound which bothered me and the people around me.
second, cycling is a very team oriented sport and you really have no chance without being teamed up.
third, cyclist are fking snobby...oh wait i already knew that...lol.
fourth, i started the race to fast and never really understood my pace, in other words my pace was very unorganized.
fifth, i should have broken down my miles and my pace.
sixth, i held my own on level ground but i got completely smoked on the hills, almost to the point that i was not gearing right or they knew something that i didnt...i really lost ground here and i need to look into this!
seven, my grips need to be replaced or i need to start wearing gloves no matter what the temp bc of sweat.
eight, my cornering going down these mountains was not good, my tunnel form was not good, and i am scared to be in the aero position at 40mph bc i feel like i dont have control of the bike.
nine, new tires are on the way.
Post race
Warm down:

stretched.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

equipment
hills
form
pace
knowledge of my race

Event comments:

this is a beautiful race and probably one of the best and most challenging in the southeast, i am really looking forward to completing the entire race next year.

Last updated: 2010-05-01 12:00 AM
Biking
01:00:00 | 26.03 miles | 26.03 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
my mom lost my HR chest strap so i could not log my HR...disappointing i know but a new one is in the mail so i hope to have it before the rev3 in knox.
Wind: Some
Course: i have the olympic in knox one week from today so i just rode up the first mountain (suck creek) and then back to my house...approx 26 miles.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Below average Cornering: Below average
Gear changes: Below average Hills: Bad
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Too hard