General Discussion Race Reports! » Winnipeg Police Service Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Winnipeg Police Service Half Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Canada
Running Room
6C / 43F
Precipitation
Total Time = 8h 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 5:30 am. Had one cup of coffee, 2 pieces of toast with butter and a hand full of pecans. Drank a water battle.
Event warmup:

Rode my bike 20k to Assiniboine Park. (race site)
Run
  • 1h 52m 30s
  • 21.08 kms
  • 05m 20s  min/km
Comments:

Time is unofficial...

My plan was to start off at a fast pace and see how long I could hold it. I felt the worst thing is that could happen is I'd have to slow down a little on the second 10k. Turns out I held my pace very well! I kept my breathing consistent and controlled through my nose for the first 10k. I drank a little water at each aid station and had 3 GU chunks during the first half of the marathon. At the turn I slowed a little from about 5:00/km to about 5:15/km...this was not voluntary! The second part of the course seems to have more up hill portions. I ran a VERY strong race. I took no walk breaks....this was a first for me. Usually in a half I will walk once or twice
What would you do differently?:

Not much....other than maybe try to hold my pace a little better on the small hills we faced on the back side of the course. I think I would likely use my arm warmers next time. I wore a L/S underarmour shirt under my tech shirt....this might have been a little hot. It would help if I kept losing weight and work on hills more!
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around and met up with my wife and son....they surprised me and showed up to see me finish! I didn't know they were coming!! Grabbed a Gatorade and water and we walked around in the rain.

Event comments:

I was really proud of this effort. I kept my mind out of the race...I just ran until I ran under the finishers banner!

Last updated: 2010-05-02 12:00 AM
Running
01:52:30 | 21.08 kms | 05m 20s  min/km
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2010-05-02 1:20 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Winnipeg Police Service Half Marathon

2010-05-03 10:32 PM
in reply to: #2831434

User image

Subject: RE: Winnipeg Police Service Half Marathon
Excellent job - way to go!!!!

That is a smokin' fast time for 1/2 mary.  You should be very proud of yourself.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Winnipeg Police Service Half Marathon Rss Feed