General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Rookie from Alaska Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-05-08 1:32 AM

User image

Subject: Rookie from Alaska
Hello to everyone in the community.

This will be my first year doing triathlons. I am using triathlons as a goal to get back into shape after biking or running individually as sports but became hooked on the idea of doing them after watching several of the Kona Ironmans on Universal Sports. What an inspiration the age groupers are. Some of the most unexpected people doing the most incredible things, people of various shapes, ages, backgrounds and sizes completing in an unreal race.

I signed up for my first race for June 6th. It is just a sprint, which is just fine for a start. The swim is going to be the leg of the race that is going to kill me. Currently I can regularly run 6 plus miles or bike up to fifty miles, but I can hardly swim 200 meters without stopping. I hired a swim coach locally at a club, which turned out to be a bad choice (one month of red cross basic free style). Then I went out of state to a total immersion weekend clinic, which was absolutely great. But the swim is going to get me. I have been training for the last six months and feel like I should be a lot further.  So in four weeks I will see how it goes. 

Best of luck to everyone out there and have a great season. Run fast, train smart and have fun! 

Aaron

2010-05-08 6:12 PM
in reply to: #2845544

User image

Extreme Veteran
South Florida
Subject: RE: Rookie from Alaska
Welcome to Bt good luck with the training and racing.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Rookie from Alaska Rss Feed