General Discussion Race Reports! » OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Indianapolis, Indiana
United States
500 Festival
^40sF / 0C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 47m 17s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 4:20 this morning. Ate a bagel with peanut butter and a drank a cup of coffee. Went to the bathroom a bajillion times and left the house at 5:45.
Event warmup:

The weather was cold and really windy. I wore a paper jacket (from work) to stay warm. Once the race started I could discard the jacket into the trash. I tried to warm up as best I could. I went to my designated corral and waited amongst the thousands of shivering people for the race to start. Thank goodness I got into a good corall this year. Once the gun went off, I only waited maybe two minutes to start. Last year I had a crappy corral (first time newbie) and waited over 40 minutes to start. I can't imagine having to wait that long in this weather.
Run
  • 1h 47m 17s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 11s  min/mile
Comments:

I kept my pace pretty consistent until about mile 10. I started to feel the muscles in my legs get really sore. The last two miles were a struggle. I kept running, but knew my pace had become a lot slower. The miles always feel the longest when you begin to hurt. Since the weather was breezy, my arms and fingers were cold throughout the race. Cardio wise, I felt good.
What would you do differently?:

Bring arm warmers!!!
Post race
Warm down:

Walked through a designated path to get my medal and a bag to collect food goodies. Ha, my stomach wasn't in the mood for food, but the gatorade was good.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not much. Perhaps do longer runs in my training.

Event comments:

Overall I had a good experience. This is a big race with a massive amount of people participating. It's fun to run on the indy motor speedway and the crowds and music is always fun.

I wish the weather would have been better. I hate to be cold.

Last updated: 2009-12-09 12:00 AM
Running
01:47:17 | 13.1 miles | 08m 11s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: flat
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-05-08 11:16 AM

Veteran
Hoosier heartland
Subject: OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon

2010-05-09 7:03 AM
in reply to: #2845860

User image

Regular
Toronto
Subject: RE: OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon
Great run, Claire! That's an awesome pace. Hurting at mile 10 means that you were racing! Congratulations!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon Rss Feed