General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ragnar Relay Ultra...need a runner! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-05-10 10:41 AM

User image

Expert
New York
Subject: Ragnar Relay Ultra...need a runner!
Hi, everyone:

I'm actually not exactly an ultra-runner (yet/kinda). I'm going to be doing a Ragnar Relay in NY this coming weekend, which will have me running 27 miles in between sitting in a van. Does that count?  

For those who don't know, Ragnar is a relay race that starts in Woodstock--it's "a 178 mile relay race that goes through the night and leap frogs past the breathtaking views of the Catskill Mountains over the Mid-Hudson Bridge and through many charming country towns. The race (and your stamina) will wrap up in the bright lights of New York City." Sounds fun, right?

Due to an injury, we are sadly down one runner. So now we are looking for one last maniac to fill out our team (which right now is two girls and three guys--all in our early 30s and a really fun group!).  Our team name is Dr. Teeth and the Ultra Electric Mayhem. We even had a super duper awesome shirt made up:

http://www.customink.com/proof_approvals/710196?token=1075c55c-57ac-11df-9d12-0019b9ea67e2

There is a financial commitment, but it will be an experience like no other.  We'd need someone to do the 25.8 mile leg (or, if you don't feel up to that distance yet, just the first two legs--we could then claim an "injured" runner, and someone could take over the last leg for you). Each leg is never more that 13.1 miles. We are not super duper fast; our runners range from mid-7 min miles to upper 10 min miles. But we're not looking for a speed demon (er, if you are a speed demon, that's cool, too). Just someone who would love to hang out with some other crazy runners and have a blast.

Please PM me or reply here if you're interested or even if you know someone who'd want to try this thing!

Thanks!
-Mirjam (spelled funny, pronounced "Miriam"

2010-05-10 6:43 PM
in reply to: #2848364

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Ragnar Relay Ultra...need a runner!
Damn.  I'd love to do it, but I won't be back in that area of the country for another month. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ragnar Relay Ultra...need a runner! Rss Feed