Sunny
Total Time = 36m 20s
Overall Rank = 285/780
Age Group = M30-34
Age Group Rank = 42/62
Pre-race routine:

None.
Event warmup:

Walked down to the north bathrooms to avoid the lines (port-a-potties were late arriving)
Run
  • 36m 20s
  • 3.6 miles
  • 10m 05s  min/mile
Comments:

The course changes are minor, but do add a bit of distance to the race, now listed at 3.6 miles. This is a PR of sorts...my second fastest time at PI, but by far my fastest pace/mile because of the longer course.
Percentiles: AG - 32, Overall - 63. My previous bests were AG - 24 and Overall - 47.
I think my starting strategy worked out very well. Started near the middle (probably should have been a little closer to the front) and ran the first 1.5 miles at long run pace. Picked up to 10k pace after the obstacles, and kicked in 5k pace after the first set of hill repeats. I was moving very well through the last ½ mile along the beach while many other people were walking.
What would you do differently?:

Find shoes that don't hold as much water? Otherwise, this race went almost perfectly.
Post race
Warm down:

Grabbed some Gatorade and went straight to the food line. It's nice to get there before it gets too long. Bread pudding?!?! The idea of eating it immediately after a hot race was horrific, but I'll try anything once. I'm glad I did...cool, creamy and delicious.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing, aside from my need to run more.

Last updated: 2010-03-11 12:00 AM
Running
00:36:20 | 03.6 miles | 10m 05s  min/mile
Age Group: 42/62
Overall: 62/780
Performance: Good
Course: North along the beach, up the hill (new), loop around by the dog park, south along the berm, through the obstacles, north through the water/mangroves along the east side of the island, onto the road a bit, gentle hill repeats, loop around by the dog park again, hard hill repeats, south along the beach to the finish.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes