Revolution3 Triathlon Series
65F / 18C
Sunny
Total Time = 5h 55m 1s
Overall Rank = 20/
Age Group = F 35-39
Age Group Rank = 4/
Pre-race routine:

Slept great the night before (stayed @ the Hampton Inn Suites), ate a gluten free chocolate chip muffin and had one bottle with 2 scoops of EFS drink and 1 scoop of pre-race about an hour before the event.
Event warmup:

Walked to swim start and did a few strokes before the swim
Swim
  • 34m 31s
  • 2112 yards
  • 01m 38s / 100 yards
Comments:

This was an average swim for me. I haven't been swimming much lately (as compared to years past) so I was just hoping to swim strong and not loose too much time here.
What would you do differently?:

I was able to draft a little, but I would have liked to get a little more draft. I would also wear tinted goggles next time.
Transition 1
  • 03m 26s
Comments:

This was a long transition run and my transition spot was in the far back corner. I took my time and made sure I got my liquid shot flask and put on my trakkers unit.

Nothing, I took my time and remembered everything.
Bike
  • 3h 13m 56s
  • 56 miles
  • 17.33 mile/hr
Comments:

Although this wasn't my fastest half bike split it was definitely my strongest half bike. I felt great. My nutrition was spot on. I took in 2 bottles of EFS (2 scoops in each bottle) and 2.5 oz. of EFS Liquid Shot. I was riding at a moderate pace, I definitely have room to ride faster on this course, but I really wanted a strong run so I rode moderately hard. This was my first time on a half bike that I didn't have to stop and pee (and I usually have to stop like 3 times) I think changing over from coffee on race am to Pre-Race (by first endurance) has helped with my bladder problems.

Find a good flask holder to attach to my bike. I slowed down a lot to fish my flask out of my tri-top pocket.
Transition 2
  • 02m 56s
Comments:

The guy across from me had thrown his wetsuit on my transition rack spot, so I had to stop and throw his suit to get my bike in! Otherwise it was an average transition, not too speedy, but I had a long run to my spot and I made sure I didn't forget anything!

Nothing really, maybe take off my socks b/c I was wishing I was sockless on the run but it was still chilly on the bike so I was glad to have them!!
Run
  • 2h 01m
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 14s  min/mile
Comments:

This is my first successful run for a half. Again and again I was passing people who asked "how are you running so strong" It was just a huge boost to hear this after so many crappy runs. I felt good and made sure to cheer on everyone that I passed. I really enjoyed this run (until mile 11, then I just wanted it over!!) I did HATE the last 2 little spurs we did that were up hill, I really felt like my pace dropped here. I sipped my EFS liquid shot every 3 miles and took a sip of water at most aid stations. I walked some, but some I jogged through.

Nothing at all. I felt great and ran strong (for me) Maybe not let the woman pass me at mile 11.5 but I just couldn't respond when she came by. I didn't leave anything out there!
Post race
Warm down:

Got my UBER cool finisher medal and shirt, met my wonderful kids, husband (who finished 12 min. ahead of me) and my aunt (who was wonderful and watched my kids), gave them my boxed lunch, drank some water. I got to see my teammate Laura finish and we had to go to drop my aunt off at the airport, pick up bikes etc. and hit the road!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing really. I would have liked to have more hard long bike rides under my belt, but for taking most of the last month off I think I did great!

Event comments:

This EVENT was spectacular. I am excited to return next year! There were a few glitches but I expect them to be worked out by next year. The caliber of pro's was amazing. I got to chat with Jordan Rapp, the Lovatos, Ritchie Cunningham, Andrew Yoder and Heather Golnick. Seriously! The volunteers were phenomenal, the courses were beautiful and challenging - I just can't say enough! Loved it!! My kids even said they didn't mind waiting for me to finish because Simply Stu did was playing funny games and amusing them!

Last updated: 2010-02-19 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:34:31 | 2112 yards | 01m 38s / 100yards
Age Group: 6/
Overall: 20/
Performance: Average
Suit: X Terra Vendetta Full Wetsuit
Course: 1/3 of the way against the 'current' and into the sun and 2/3 of the way down river with the 'current' - Exit on the docks
Start type: Deep Water Plus: Waves
Water temp: 69F / 21C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 03:26
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? Yes Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
03:13:56 | 56 miles | 17.33 mile/hr
Age Group: 4/
Overall: 28/
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: A beautiful and very challenging bike course! I loved this course. It was technical in spots with some rough roads, windey and hilly and some pretty narrow roads. I found that I never got bored and the course really suited my riding.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 02:56
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Below average
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
02:01:00 | 13.1 miles | 09m 14s  min/mile
Age Group: 4/
Overall: 25/
Performance: Good
Course: A beautiful but challenging run course. There were quite a few little hills that added up to a whole lot of hurt around mile 11!
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2010-05-10 4:38 PM

User image

Expert
Subject: Revolution3 Triathlon HALFREV

2010-05-11 4:33 PM
in reply to: #2849531

User image

Veteran
St. Louis
Subject: RE: Revolution3 Triathlon HALFREV
Congratulations on a great race!!!!
2010-05-11 7:54 PM
in reply to: #2849531

User image

Bob
Binghamton, NY
Subject: RE: Revolution3 Triathlon HALFREV
Congrats on a fantastic race Kati!! You're going to have a great year!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Revolution3 Triathlon HALFREV Rss Feed