2010-05-20 9:16 AM
in reply to: #2870511

User image

Champion
SRQ, FL
Subject: RE: Lost 5/18 (Spoilers)
JBrashear - 2010-05-20 9:59 AM
TriRSquared - 2010-05-20 6:08 AM
JBrashear - 2010-05-19 12:02 AM I'm making the call: Locke's surgery is a success & allows FLocke to escape to the Sideways World, which destroys the Island World.  That's how I think this ends.

Not enough time.  The concert (Driveshaft is playing with an orchestra which includes David) where presumably everyone in sideways world is going to meet up is that night.  I'm not sure they could work in a surgery and a recovery in the time they have left.

Time seems to be flowing the same in the real and alt universe.  The ending seems to be coming within the next "day" or so.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet but this is a great fan made video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mBveRjf2hU

Yea, because this show's always played within the rules of time. Tongue out

Touche.  But no time travel so far this season.

2010-05-20 9:36 AM
in reply to: #2867215

User image

Extreme Veteran
Albuquerque
Favorite moments:

-Just about anything with Farraday.  Love me some Farraday!

-The first reveal of Desmond in the hatch... retro furniture, stationary bike, punching in the numbers.  It was the set up for everything else that happened in the hatch afterwards, all of which was pretty great too.

- "Dude... you have some Arzt on you."

-Sawyer jumping out of the rescue helicopter in order to save everyone else, and then swimming back to the island and Juliet. 

-Sun smacking Ben in the face with the canoe oar.  Yeah!

-Yeah, yeah... the whole thing with Desmond and Penny.  Everybody loved that.  You know you did.

-I really miss the old 'backstories' that we had in the first few seasons.  I loved being able to find out more about each of the island survivors and find out how they were all connected, and find out how it shaped who they are.  Back then, it was more about the characters and less about the island.  I miss that, a bit. 
2010-05-20 9:41 AM

User image

Champion
SoCal

I just have read how some of you don’t like Kate so I thought I would share my friends hope for the season finale

Her wish is that at the very one of the season finale when everything is resolved and everyone is happy and just before the screen fades to black someone walks up to Kate and double taps her in the head. That would be her perfect ending.

Edited by Big Appa 2010-05-20 9:42 AM
2010-05-20 10:00 AM
in reply to: #2870708

User image

Expert
Westchester, NY

megtrow - 2010-05-20 10:36 AM Favorite moments:

-The first reveal of Desmond in the hatch... retro furniture, stationary bike, punching in the numbers.  It was the set up for everything else that happened in the hatch afterwards, all of which was pretty great too.

That was one of the great moments in TV IMO.  My wife and I actually yelled HOLY CR@P! out loud at the TV when we realized it was not a flashback.

2010-05-20 3:15 PM

Master
'Lost ain't over we got to go back again'

Fan made video that was featured on EW.com. Pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iggE4ImYwyc
2010-05-20 10:33 PM

User image

I think that in the finale, Flocke is destroyed/contained/given back his body/laid to rest.  But the island is destroyed in doing so, destroying humanity/the world... in the original timeline.  (This is what Jacob meant by "It only ends once". 

But the losties in the sideways timeline need to "let go" in order to live happily ever after (ex. Jin/Sun, Hurley/Libby, possibly Ben) meaning they have to acknowledge that the problems they have in their lives are not insurmountable.  This is what Desmond is doing.  He's getting them all to realize that they CAN live happily ever after. 

In order for him to be successful, Jack needs to bury his father, Kate needs to stop running, Sawyer needs to learn to forgive his parents killers, Locke to stop feeling sorry for himself, etc.  Basically, Desmond needs to show them the positive (not negative) aspects of the person they were/are on the island and make them that way in the sideways world (evil Ben = no, father Ben = yes

Now what would happen if he fails?  I don't know yet, but I bet it has something to do with Flocke taking over sideways world.  Which is another possible ending...

2010-05-21 7:46 AM
in reply to: #2868199

User image

Champion
Fairport, NY
Renee - 2010-05-19 11:38 AM That's my thought about Ben, too.

It just occurred to me - both Jack and Sawyer were responsible for the detonation of a bomb that killed others. Sawyer gets it now, why Jack did what he did. I love the way the characters are rapidly deepening their understanding of events.

Ben hasn't gone over to Flocke's side.  Remember that as they showed up in Dharmaville, he learned that he was passing Alex's grave. That put him in the mood for one thing: revenge against Whidmore.  Note that he was shocked that Flocke killed Zoe, he wasn't planning on that (although he wasn't all that concerned, probably because she had chosen to work for Whidmore).  "He doesn't get to save his daughter" may have been just an act. He might have been acting to stop Flocke from learning information about Desmond.

Now that Whidmore is dead, he could be just going along with Flocke waiting for a chance to redeem himself for his earlier actions.

Or he could really just be evil to the bone.
2010-05-21 8:52 AM
in reply to: #2872999

User image

Master
Winder, GA
marmadaddy - 2010-05-21 8:46 AM

.....Or he could really just be evil to the bone.

I vote this. ^^^ Ben was totally fine with helping FLocke when he was told he'd have the entire island to himself. But then looked genuinely surprised when FLocke told him he was going to blow up the island, going back on his word. I don't really see any kind of redemption on Ben's part (even if he did really care for his daughter) - he's just rotten.
2010-05-21 9:07 AM

User image

I think you might be right about Ben being conniving and manipulative, and possibly evil (he did kill Jacob).  But after re-watching the episode I found it interesting they made yet another reference to Ben and Napoleon.  Both were clever strategists and leaders who nearly conquered their respective worlds.  Napoleon was also exiled on an island the rest of his life after his defeat.  Could it be possible they're setting it up for Ben to inherit the role of island caretaker?  Or could he replace Flocke when/if he dies or leaves, essentially exiling him there, and balancing out the "good/evil" scales?  

It makes some sense to me, Ben's main motivation since his arrival has always been to take over control of the island.  I have a feeling at least that if Jack wants to be the new Jacob, he's going to have to go through Ben.
2010-05-21 2:24 PM
in reply to: #2869697

User image

Expert
Boca Raton, FL
Tri Take Me Away - 2010-05-19 8:55 PM Well, I have a different perspective in that I just started watching Lost last month and watched all 6 seasons in about 4 weeks. I basically "lost" a month of my life to that show! You notice things when you watch all the episodes so close together, like how frequently you hear certain things:
1. baby crying
2. guns loading
3. Sawyer saying "Son of a b*tch
4. Punches and the "oof" that comes when someone hits the ground
5. Any time someone is hurt, whether it's from a paper cut or a fatal injury, someone always yells "Get some water!".

All of those familiar sounds are my favorite moments because they make me laugh.

I did this right before season 5.  It was truly a project and took over my life for over a month...but well owrth it.

Did you also notice that for the first couple seasons and many shows throughout the rest the opening scene starts on a closeup of someones eye.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Lost 5/18 (Spoilers) Rss Feed  

of 3