General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help Wanted for New LA Bike Event Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-05-19 12:06 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sherman Oaks, CA
Subject: Help Wanted for New LA Bike Event

I'm working on a new bike event that's going to be in LA later this year, the ThinkCure Bike Challenge.  ThinkCure is the official charity of the LA Dodgers and all proceeds from the ride go to City of Hope and Children's Hospital of LA.  The event will start/end at Dodger Stadium with 3 distances to choose from - 23 miles, 62 miles and 100 miles.  The 62 and 100 mile rides will climb up Glendora Mtn Rd.  The plan is to shut down the 110 Fwy for a portion of the ride, too! Riders will be raising either $100 (23 miles) or $1500 (62 and 100 miles).

Full training program begins in July with Sat and Sun group rides.  Modeled along the lines of Team in Training for support staff, we are looking for Mentors, Coaches (2), Social Captain, Fundraising Captain and SAG support.  You wouldn't have to go to both Sat and Sun group rides, just one or the other.  

Small stipend for your time for each position.

Please PM me if you are interested, letting me know your experience in the area that you are interested in.

THANKS!

sharon

2010-05-19 7:38 PM
in reply to: #2868518

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sherman Oaks, CA
Subject: RE: Help Wanted for New LA Bike Event

FYI, for more info and to get notified when registration opens, visit:

http://www.thinkcurebikechallenge.org 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help Wanted for New LA Bike Event Rss Feed