38F / 3C
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 43m 54s
Overall Rank = 421/597
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 102/138
Pre-race routine:

Woke-up hearing the rain pitter patter against the house, ugh :(
Ate my usual cereal breakfast and had a little bit of coffee.
Drove over to pick up a friend that rode down w/ me.

Event warmup:

I guess we could say it was the one mile run before the "du."
Swim
  • 11m 47s
  • 328 yards
  • 03m 35s / 100 yards
Comments:

CANCELED :( Due to the cold weather and the rain, the swim was canceled w/ worries of hypothermia. You could actually see the snowline on the nearby mountain, and it wasn't that much further up than we were in altitude.
In replacement, we did what I think was a 1 mile run.

Transition 1
  • 02m 47s
Comments:

This went rather well. I had placed my raincoat over my handle bars to make sure that they would be dry after I had wiped them down. The longest part of this whole process was probably trying to get the grocery bag off my seat.
Bike
  • 51m 44s
  • 12 miles
  • 13.92 mile/hr
Comments:

As soon as I was getting on my bike a lady in front of me went down. I guess this was a good reminder for me to not speed through any corners.
Unfortunately, since I got my new stem I've had problems with my aero bottle hitting my front tire. Right away I knew that today was going to be no different despite my efforts to correct the issue. So my entire ride was with my left wrist in a funky angle trying to hold my bottle off the tire. Though around the tighter corners I would get out of aero for the brakes and then the bottle would rub. :(
I had set my aero bottle up ahead of time w/ half a packet of electrolytes and water. Funny thing is, I noticed my bottle felt empty on the bike and I hardly had ANYTHING left in it by the end... ODD, I usually don't drink that much, and I certainly didn't think I had drank that much today w/ as cool as it was. (though my mouth did keep drying out)
What would you do differently?:

More weight training to get my muscles back from my knee injury.
Transition 2
  • 01m 49s
Comments:

Took my time and it went pretty fast. :) Back to my shoes, which by this time my toes were starting to go numb :(
Run
  • 35m 45s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 11m 30s  min/mile
Comments:

Well, if this truly was a 5K, then it was one of my faster 5K's. :)
I wogged most of it. I only really walked the hills and the water station (which BTW I learned I can't stand HEED, yuck!) About half way through there was a lady that would run about 4 strides, then walk, run 4 strides, then walk. As I passed her one of the times she asked me about my club jacket, saying there must've been a ton of us b/c she thought she kept getting passed by many. There were only two of us wearing our jackets today, I let her know it was just really me and that we were playing leap frog. She could walk with her long legs and still pretty much keep up with me. After the second aid station I started jogging past her and helped her get going. Near the end she passed me then I passed her right at the turn into the shoot, told her there was no way she was going to be allowed to walk it in and together we sprinted for the finish line.
Post race
Warm down:

Grabbed my bag and shirt, chatted w/ givemashot and a few others. Waited for my friend to come in (very proud of her, who did her first tri today!!!)
After the race a few of us went to get a greasy breakfast. Then we headed over to a local tri store for me to get a frame for my aero bottle. As the guy was helping me mount it on I realized that I had something dripping from the bottle... CRAP!!! My bottle had a whole in it. The whole time I've been concerned about my bottle hurting my tires, when actually my bottle was the one in danger. *sigh* Oh well... I bought a new bottle too.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Too much work, not enough training :(
I have been working too much and not making a good enough effort to wake up in the morning and train. This has GOT to change!!!

Last updated: 2010-01-07 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:11:47 | 328 yards | 03m 35s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/138
Overall: 0/597
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:47
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:51:44 | 12 miles | 13.92 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course: Kind of wet on first loop, drier second go round
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:49
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:35:45 | 03.11 miles | 11m 30s  min/mile
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2010-05-22 4:49 PM

User image

Elite
Utah
Subject: TriUtah Women of Steel Triathlon

2010-05-22 5:57 PM
in reply to: #2875761

User image

Master
Utah
Subject: RE: TriUtah Women of Steel Triathlon
Woohoo! Nice job, Heather!! I am so glad you are back at it this year.

I am so glad you are my friend, and even happier that you got me into triathlon. I don't say thank you often enough--thank you!!  
2010-05-30 9:17 PM
in reply to: #2875761

User image

Master
Kauai, Hawaii
Subject: RE: TriUtah Women of Steel Triathlon

Good job girl! Fun playing cat and mouse and keeping each other going...

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » TriUtah Women of Steel Triathlon Rss Feed