Overall Rank = 3/325
Age Group = F 30-39
Age Group Rank = 1/93
Run
  • 20m 39s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 06m 40s  min/mile
Comments:

I made a last minute decision to race this morning when my cat woke me up at 6 am whining. I figured since I was already up, I might as well go race. I had a great race considering the soreness I felt from the Gaps yesterday. I was in 3rd place until halfway when Kate passed me. I tried to settle in right behind her hoping I would have something left at uphill finish at the end. I managed to keep her about 10 yards in front of me for the rest of the run.  During the last climb, I gained time on her and started to sprint towards the finish. She looked back, saw me coming, and started sprinting, too. We turned the last corner side by side and crossed the line at about the same time. I couldn't tell who won. When the awards were announced, I was excited to hear my name for 1st Age Group win! I barely beat her. I think that was the closest finish in a race I've ever had. And it hurt. I finished 3rd overall, but they only gave overall awards to 1st place. I was happy to take home a plaque and some nice Olay skin products. SCAN Foundation puts on a great race.
Post race

Last updated: 2010-05-29 12:00 AM
Running
00:20:39 | 03.1 miles | 06m 40s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/93
Overall: 3/325
Performance: Average
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good