General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Picking a new training plan - help? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-03 2:41 PM

User image

Master
Baltimore
Subject: Picking a new training plan - help?
My training plan (Intermediate HIM) is scheduled through my first HIM in early July.  After that I've got an Oly in mid August and a second HIM mid October (longhorn).  I'm looking for some suggestions of plans to carry me from July to October.  BT plans are preferable since I'm a silver member, but I'm open to whatever.  I'm not comfortable customizing my own plan quite yet...that may come next year.  For now I'd like something as "stock" as possible with maybe a few tweaks to fit me.  For reference, you can see my past training/races etc in my logs, its all there.  My goal for this first HIM was to break 5 hours.  I'm not positive I will be able to.  If not, it will be a definite goal for the Oct HIM, so that should give an indication of the workload I'm looking to take on.  I've been worried about the run volume in my current plan and started adding some extra.  I was thinking about using an IM plan, but maybe cutting it back slightly for extra volume...not sure whats best though.

TIA!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Picking a new training plan - help? Rss Feed