General Discussion Triathlon Talk » opinions on cannondale caad9 5 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2010-11-02 11:00 PM
in reply to: #2909558

Subject: RE: opinions on cannondale caad9 5
I have ROL SL Race wheels on mine http://www.rolwheels.com/rol_race_sl_wheels.php. They're about $700 bucks, I don't really know what to compare them with, but I like them a lot.   It made a huge difference on my rides.  I didn't want to spend more on wheels than the bike is worth (not at that point at least).  
Looking for Aero bars next.   

2010-11-02 11:10 PM

One thing i can tell you is the wheels that come on the bike absolutely suck ...Shimano RS10.  I couldn't hold the bike on a sharp turn down hill before i upgraded.  Now i breeze through it.  I also notice a difference in overall speed and power transition.  Also, I heard from a few riders Zipps (although expensive as hell) aren't that durable... FYI. 

2010-11-03 6:44 AM

User image

I agree the stock wheels on the CAAD 9 aren't that good, that's way at the end of this season I ebayed for HED 3 you see in my previous post. I was trying to decide between used Zipps versus HED 3. I saw a great deal on a pair of new HED 3 and went with them. From what I read and heard, HED 3 are quite durable and solid wheels which I use on my all my rides. I highly recommend them, although I get knocked around abit on windy days.
2021-04-24 9:44 AM
in reply to: RPMcMurphy

Originally posted by RPMcMurphy

For our first bikes, this year, my wife and I, after LOTS and LOTS of research and shopping around, and test riding, etc. etc. decided on both getting CAAD9-5s  her the clear coat natural feminine and mine the regular in charcoal.

Hers with a compact double, mine with a regular double.

We LOVE them. We've put 500+ miles on them already and got them in late April. No mechanical issues or anything.

I'm not sure why we chose the CAAD9's over the trek, I'm sure it was color for my wife! haha.

This is cool dude! How I wish I can afford this kind of bike

2021-04-26 4:04 AM
in reply to: JollyRoger

Thanks
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » opinions on cannondale caad9 5 Rss Feed  

of 2