General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ann Arbor Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-12 7:58 AM

User image

Ann Arbor
Subject: Ann Arbor Triathlon : Official Thread

Who'll be there tomorrow AM?

I'll be wearing the green/black kit with "Organic Athlete" on the front and "Go Vegan" on the back. I'll be hanging out at the Ann Arbor Tri team tent afterwards too. 

Last, anyone have advice about a really hurt toe? I hope it isn't broken, but I can hardly walk on it after stubbing it playing soccer with daughter yesterday. Ouch. I feel good for the swim (hopefully not wetsuit legal), and good for the bike... but my toe and running in trails doesn't seem great. 

2010-06-13 12:32 PM
in reply to: #2917241

User image

Ann Arbor
Subject: RE: Ann Arbor Triathlon : Official Thread
It was a beautiful day. 

My race: wonderful swim. Good Bike. Worst run since I started training.

But I had a blast. I wish I'd have seen some BT folk there. Event was well marked, and really nice.  I love racing. Love it. 
2010-06-13 3:32 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
New Boston

Congrats on a great job,glad you had fun.

2010-06-13 4:26 PM
in reply to: #2918465

User image

Master
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Great job! I was directing at Mile 9 of the bike course.  Surprised at how few people were doing this race......Went back through EEs results page.  Not sure if it's a sign of the times or not but folks doing this race have dwindled substantially over the years.  Maybe next year it won't be competing with Motor City for participants....100 fewer racers than last year.

Always appreciate the well-done job Jim & Joyce Donaldson do with their events.....
2010-06-13 8:07 PM
in reply to: #2918734

User image

Master
Ferndale, MI
That stinks, Andrea.  I really wish I could have done this race.  Next year, I won't chose anything close to AAtri, just in case they move the friggin date on me again
2010-06-14 8:59 AM

New user

Houston, Texas
Silver member
I saw you come in from the swim while I was waiting for my wave to start off (those chops give you away). You looked damn good, even if you were feeling some pain.

I had a blast -- didn't break any records -- but handled the run about as well as I could have hoped, which was my big fear. In fact, I think I kept too much gas in the tank loafing it on the bike and the swim.

2010-06-15 3:55 AM

User image

Ann Arbor
Yeah, I had a good swim. 

It doesn't show in the results, but it should've marked between 10:55 and 11:08. That course was also closer to 1000yds rather than 800yds, so most folks had their times off.

I felt pretty good in the water. But my illness last week showed through on the bike. I now realize that my legs got totally worn out on a bike ride that was fast, but wasn't even my best. I am still having a hard time walking 48hrs after the race, and that's really rare.

I think that's the last I do that race. It plays to all my weaknesses. Great race for runners, though, and a nice course. I am committing to volunteer with my kids next year. 
2011-07-10 7:05 PM

New user

rodolfox:

I just read your post about a missing swim time at the 2010
Ann Arbor triathlon. Being the timer, I went back and looked at my notes. I
documented that the third swimmer was not wearing a chip, but we were unable to
see the body marking to determine the race number. Now knowing that person was
you, your time was 11:11. Please feel free to mention any timing issues to us
at the race and we may be able to help.

Tony Newton

Race Services Company

2011-07-11 6:44 AM

Extreme Veteran
Chelsea, MI
I was the guy standing with the broom and pointing at the turn on mile 12 of the bike.  As long as it runs again next year I will be in it.  Just a little burnt out from other races right now and need to focus on what I signed up for this year.
2011-07-14 12:54 PM
in reply to: #2921997

Regular

xrodolfox - 2010-06-15 4:55 AM Yeah, I had a good swim. 

It doesn't show in the results, but it should've marked between 10:55 and 11:08. That course was also closer to 1000yds rather than 800yds, so most folks had their times off.

I felt pretty good in the water. But my illness last week showed through on the bike. I now realize that my legs got totally worn out on a bike ride that was fast, but wasn't even my best. I am still having a hard time walking 48hrs after the race, and that's really rare.

I think that's the last I do that race. It plays to all my weaknesses. Great race for runners, though, and a nice course. I am committing to volunteer with my kids next year. 

Do you really think it was closer to 1000? I had my worse swim EVAR, I couldn't swim straight, I had to sight way too often; if it was 1000yds, I probably swam 1100 lol.

I was discouraged about my swim, I hope you are right about the distance but I guess we'll never be completely sure.

2011-07-14 1:14 PM

Regular
I enjoyed the Tri, very challenging, but I would be more inclined to do it next year if the run was done on a road or at least a better trail without so much sand, rocks, and roots; I found that a tad trecherous and that I can do without. Don't need to sprain a ankle or knee with a misstep. It's great the way it is, but a road run would be my preference. That was the first time I had biked on hills like that, wow! At times I was flying, at times crawling; more than once on a 'crawl' I was maddenly clicking the shifter hoping I wasn't in the granny gear yet. We don't have anything like that over in Swartz Creek where I live, it's more like Iowa around home, so the legs weren't prepared for that; by the end of the bike my thighs might of looked like Earl Campbells.

2011-07-14 4:46 PM
in reply to: #3596642

Extreme Veteran
Chelsea, MI

Phaethon - 2011-07-14 2:14 PM I enjoyed the Tri, very challenging, but I would be more inclined to do it next year if the run was done on a road or at least a better trail without so much sand, rocks, and roots; I found that a tad trecherous and that I can do without. Don't need to sprain a ankle or knee with a misstep. It's great the way it is, but a road run would be my preference. That was the first time I had biked on hills like that, wow! At times I was flying, at times crawling; more than once on a 'crawl' I was maddenly clicking the shifter hoping I wasn't in the granny gear yet. We don't have anything like that over in Swartz Creek where I live, it's more like Iowa around home, so the legs weren't prepared for that; by the end of the bike my thighs might of looked like Earl Campbells.

LOL.  Welcome to my world!  But I quite enjoy it.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ann Arbor Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed