General Discussion Triathlon Talk » My clothes don't fit! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-12 11:04 PM

User image

Regular
Fort Bragg, NC
Subject: My clothes don't fit!
So I've been in serious training for about six weeks, and my first sprint tri is behind me already. My Olympic is coming up, and my last sprint race will be July 11 because I'm shipping out for army basic training on July 14th. I'm getting married next year...so I needed to deal with the dress issue soon.

That's the background...the long story short, I've been in crash week mode for my Oly next weekend, and I decided this would be a good weekend to check on the dress I picked out in March. I weighed about 148 in March, and I'm about 146-147 right now...but I tried on my dress and needed clips. I lost almost three inches in my waist, and about the same in my chest. The straps were too long because my boobs were too small (Anyone else lose weight here first??).

I'm not going to say I don't like swimming in a dress that fit perfectly just three months ago...but how do I weigh the same? I must be putting it somewhere else...could that really just all be new muscle?

2010-06-13 4:56 PM
in reply to: #2918076

Subject: RE: My clothes don't fit!
I wish I could lose weight in my chest but it just doesn't budge!  I did lose a lot of inches across my back and in my waist.   I lost the bulk of my weight before I started training for a tri and am now just trying to put things back where they belong!  I am still losing weight but only about a pound a month right now.  Let's make ourselves happy with the "muscle weighs more than fat" idea!  Enjoy it -- you will feel great on your wedding day! 
2010-06-17 7:48 PM

User image

Regular
Yes it is quite possible to loose inches (FAT) but not weigh a lot less.  This is a good thing, Be proud of what you did You lost fat and gained some muscle. Thats the name of the game FAT loss not Weight loss. Congrats on your weading
2010-06-18 7:49 AM

User image

Master
Falls Church, VA

Yes, I am the same way. I first lose weight in my belly and boobs. I also notice the difference in inches rather than in pounds.

I always gain first in the belly as well. 

2010-06-19 11:34 AM

New user

I went from a size 10-12 to a 6 and lost 4 pounds on the scale. I didn't measure, but I've sure lost inches (bra size went down too - yay) People always tell me that I look like I've lost weight and I want to say, not really. I bet I gained 10 pounds of muscle. I don't really weigh myself anymore because the number on the scale does not reflect how I look and feel compared to last year.
2010-06-19 12:48 PM
in reply to: #2931662

User image

Expert
Las Vegas, NV
paris - 2010-06-19 11:34 AM I went from a size 10-12 to a 6 and lost 4 pounds on the scale. I didn't measure, but I've sure lost inches (bra size went down too - yay) People always tell me that I look like I've lost weight and I want to say, not really. I bet I gained 10 pounds of muscle. I don't really weigh myself anymore because the number on the scale does not reflect how I look and feel compared to last year.

Wow. That's awesome!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » My clothes don't fit! Rss Feed